Creme de barbear Lavanda
Edwin Jagger DE86
Bluebird Hi-Stainless
Thayers Witch Hazel Lavender
Proraso Crema Liquida

proxy.php

proxy.php

Buddel | D.R. Harris Almond | Chubby 2 | S.70 Bay Rum | SSS Fireside Intense​

CLOSE-UPS! This is our first SOTD "themed week" and the fun starts now! I hope you Gentlemen will have a wonderful week of shaves and shots ahead!

P.S. I want to remind everyone that our Mod Henry has created the SOTD Tabula Gratulatoria, where you can comment SOTD photos, quote pictures, praise each other and even talk SOTD photography. In his own words: "Sensing a need for a place wherein we can discuss the many excellent SOTD shots posted in the weekly thread, I have created this one to serve that purpose. Anyone can play and the only rule, I suppose, is that you shouldn't congratulate yourself. (Oh, and no complaining about too many quoted pictures.)"

proxy.php

Thank you, Henry! :blush:
Again, your words humble me, as well as your photos and shaves. :blushing:

It's both a pleasure and an honour to post my pictures next to yours, and all the other wonderful photos. There are too many good photos in this board to quote them all. Thank you all, and keep posting! :thumbup1:

It is I who should thank you - your shaves and pictures push me to do better, to be more creative. I've been taking SOTD shots for three or four years now. Without members like you submitting fantastic shots, I would have lost interest long ago.

Last edited:
Monday, 23.May.2011

Predopobarba Proraso
Kim Son Vu Silvertip
Creme de barbear Lavanda
Edwin Jagger DE86
Bluebird Hi-Stainless
Proraso Crema Liquida

proxy.php

Emanuel, your close-ups are always in staggering, glorious detail. Just what this week's SOTD theme is all about.:thumbup1:

proxy.php

Buddel | D.R. Harris Almond | Chubby 2 | S.70 Bay Rum | SSS Fireside Intense​

Monday, 23.May.2011

Predopobarba Proraso
Kim Son Vu Silvertip
Creme de barbear Lavanda
Edwin Jagger DE86
Bluebird Hi-Stainless
Proraso Crema Liquida

proxy.php

Monday: Merkur Futur w. Gillette Super Silver, Vulfix 2236 super, Palmolive shavingcream, L´Oreal facewash, Nivea DNAge moisturiser. scent Maison Francis Kurkdjian APOM pour homme. Have a great week gentleman!

proxy.php

Monday, May 23rd 2011

EJ Chatsworth + Derby (1)
Simpson Commodore X2
*Filtered Vendor* LSC Rose
Thayer's Rose
Swiss Pitralon ASL

proxy.php

Crabtree & Evelyn Vintage Sándalwood // JMP Medallon Taurino // Vielong EL 2010 // Aftershave Hand Made

proxy.php

I can't meet the criteria for this weeks theme, as I took my photo before logging on - but that won't stop me posting :001_tt2:

Monday

Brush cup
Vie-Long 13800, horse hair
Gillette Tech with Lord Super Stainless

Sir Irisch Moos Shave Stick
Christian Dior Fahrenheit After Shave Lotion

Have a nice day, Gentlemen :001_smile

proxy.php

I can see that this week is going to be fun :thumbup1::thumbup1:. Great shots guys :thumbup:

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
Pre-Shave: Hot shower
Brush: 26mm Simpson "Chubby 2" Super Badger
Razor: 7/8" Iwasaki 2-Chou Gake (w/ waxed cotton handles)
Strop: 35/40 laps (Torolf linen / SRD Premium IV leather)
Überlather: eShave "Almond" Shave Creme + D.R. Harris "Arlington" Shave Soap + Glycerin
Toner: Thayer's Witch Hazel (Rose Petal, no alcohol)
Moisturizer: D.R. Harris "Arlington" Milk
After Shave Splash: D.R. Harris "Arlington" AS
Cologne: D.R. Harris "Arlington" EdC
Results: Hadn't shaved with a Kamisori in a loooong time. This is partly because it unconsciously scares me, even though I have shaved with Kamisoris several times already and. But, I was confident enough in my skills with this unusual piece of steel that I mustered up the courage to give it a go...And what a rewarding experience it was
proxy.php
. BBS and irritation-free in 3 passes.

proxy.php

Have an FANTASTIC Monday gentlemen
proxy.php

Robert, and you were worried that this shot was not a close-up??? AMAZING, my friend! :thumbup:

Robert, and you were worried that this shot was not a close-up??? AMAZING, my friend! :thumbup:

Grazie Marco :001_smile...It wasn't meant as a close up shot, but I guess close enough :tongue_sm. I sold my closeup macro lens a while back, so have to settle with normal-ish shots and get creative.

I can't meet the criteria for this weeks theme, as I took my photo before logging on - but that won't stop me posting :001_tt2:

Monday

Brush cup
Vie-Long 13800, horse hair
Gillette Tech with Lord Super Stainless

Sir Irisch Moos Shave Stick
Christian Dior Fahrenheit After Shave Lotion

Have a nice day, Gentlemen :001_smile

proxy.php

An excellent shot as always, Soren!:thumbup1:

Pre-Shave: Hot shower
Brush: 26mm Simpson "Chubby 2" Super Badger
Razor: 7/8" Iwasaki 2-Chou Gake (w/ waxed cotton handles)
Strop: 35/40 laps (Torolf linen / SRD Premium IV leather)
Überlather: eShave "Almond" Shave Creme + D.R. Harris "Arlington" Shave Soap + Glycerin
Toner: Thayer's Witch Hazel (Rose Petal, no alcohol)
Moisturizer: D.R. Harris "Arlington" Milk
After Shave Splash: D.R. Harris "Arlington" AS
Cologne: D.R. Harris "Arlington" EdC
Results: Hadn't shaved with a Kamisori in a loooong time. This is partly because it unconsciously scares me, even though I have shaved with Kamisoris several times already and. But, I was confident enough in my skills with this unusual piece of steel that I mustered up the courage to give it a go...And what a rewarding experience it was
proxy.php
. BBS and irritation-free in 3 passes.

proxy.php

Have an FANTASTIC Monday gentlemen
proxy.php

Beautiful shot, Robert. Thank goodness you did sell that macro lens, for all our sakes!:001_smile

Not much left for me to say, it's already been said but what a fantastic start to the week, it's great to see so mant theme shots!

No shave for me today, spent some quality time with my wonderful wife and kids tonight, but I'll be back tomorrow!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom