What's new

SOTD Tabula Gratulatoria - July 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
proxy.php

What a glorious colourful shot! Superb!!:thumbup1:

Saturday 07-30-11.

Soap from Aleppo 100% oliva - Rooney 1/1 Best Badger - Gillette Rocket Super Speed - 7 O'clock SharpEdge yellow #2 - Pre Myrsol Emulsión - Pré de Provence shaving soap - Alum block - Toner Thayers Original - ASB Truefitt & Hill - ASL Royal Copenhagen Musk.

proxy.php

Somerset Simpson Chubby 2 | Acqua Di Parma | Gillette Toggle w/7 0'Clock
Vintage Old Spice AS | Acqua Di Gio EDT :001_wub:

full

Sunday

Bukhave Bowl
H.L. Thäter Bruyére Silvertip
7/8" Wacker Jugendstil

D.R. Harris Arlington Shaving Soap
Floïd Suave After Shave

Have a nice Sunday, Gentlemen :001_smile

proxy.php

First Straight Razor Shave

Dovo "Prima Klang" Singing Violetwood, 5/8, Full Hollow Grind, Round
Cyril R. Salter(Streich-Riemen) Strop
Simpson Chubby 2 Best
D.R. Harris Arlington Soap
Alum Block
Proraso Splash
D.R. Harris Arlington Cologne

proxy.php

Rex Eskilstuna 5/8
Simpson 57 custom in Super 50mm loft
Tcheon Fung Sing Rosse di Barile
Korres Pomegranate moisturizer
Diptyque Eau Lente Eau de Toilette

proxy.php

I received this veggie soap few days back, in a nice 1 kg brick. This is a soft soap. Chinese name but Italian made, reportedly with properties and/or performance similar to those of Cella. The soap itself is coconut scented, today during this first shave it offered me excellent glide and also felt pretty slick.

However and in order to have a more concrete opinion I have to use it more and also do a heads on comparison shave with Cella and my well preserved P.160 Duro puck. It may well be that good or it may be more similar to the Vitos Extra Super Coconut soap (which I have not tried), I just do not know that yet. The vendor I got it from is Tutto Italia Online, they are located in the Netherlands.

proxy.php

Scottish Fine Soaps Shaving Soap - Semogue 830 - Dovo Ebenholz - Floid Blue

proxy.php

SOC/La Toja/Tech/SharkSS/TOBS ASB/Caron Third Man

proxy.php

PRE-SHAVE I - Shower
PRE-SHAVE II - Proraso "Crema Pre Barba... com olio di Eucalipto e Mentolo"

BRUSH - Semogue "Owners Club" Premium Boar Brush
SOAP - D.R. Harris "Arlington"
BOWL - Scwarzweisskeramik XL-Scuttle
BLADE - Gillette "Platinum" 2@
RAZOR - Gillette "Richwood" USA 1920

to finish...

AFTER SHAVE I - Astringent Thayers "Aloe Vera"
AFTER SHAVE II - Gel "444"

proxy.php

Gentlemen,
Fantastic shaves to end the week :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:.

David: congratulations on your first ever straight shave :jump:. Great Dovo btw and in your honor, I also took out mine today :001_smile

Last edited by a moderator:
Of razors/rocks/strops and Men

Pre-Shave: Hot shower
Brush: 26mm Simpson "Chubby 2", 2-band Super Badger
Razor: 13/16" DOVO #300 "Waffen Schmied", Full Hollow Ground, Round Point
Honing Regimen: Naniwa 1k, Chosera 2k/5k/10k, Nakayama Kiita/Asagi hybrid w/ Tomonagura progression.
Strop: 30/65 (HandAmerican "Old Dog" Rough leather / HandAmerican "Old Dog" Cordovan leather)
Überlather: Cyril Salter "Wild Rose" Shave Creme + Trumper's "Rose" Shave Soap + Glycerin
Toner: Thayer's Witch Hazel (Rose Petal, no alcohol)
Moisturizer: Trumper's Fragrance-free Moisturizer
After Shave Splash: Floïd Italian Blue AS
After Shave Creme: Sabon ASB
Cologne: Penhaligon "Opus 1870" EdT
Results: An early shave this Sunday AM. Today, I decided to debut three new things; (1) my new DOVO "Waffen Schmied", (2) My other HandAmerican strop, which I had bought some 14 months ago but used only once, and (3) the Chosera 2k/5k/10k stones (the 1k was back ordered and should receive it sometime end of August). The strop has two leather sides, one "rough", which I believe acts as the equivalent of the standard linen side (but much better and a very nice draw) and a soft cordovan horsehide shell. Like its cousin, the Pegasus III (featured yesterday), this "Old Dog" is amazing:001_wub: (I think I have a new favorite strop
proxy.php
). The DOVO was NOS and was purchased as a "side kick" to an extra hollow W&B which I scored (on its way to Max for his magic). I set the bevel on this beauty with the Naniwa 1k (since the Chosera 1k is back ordered), followed by the Chosera 2k, 5k, and 10k, finally finishing it on the Kiita/Asagi hybrid with slurry. The edge she took was absolutely fantastic, popping hairs (literally) mid air
proxy.php
. The Trumper/Cyril Salter combination had a heavenly Rose scent and produced some of the best, slickest and wholesomest lathers I have come to love :001_wub:. The prep made the DOVO's job look effortless, but this razor showed no mercy and wiped the whiskers clean off my face. BBS and zero irritation
proxy.php

proxy.php

Have a SPECTACULAR Saturday gentlemen
proxy.php

A beautiful shave, my friend:001_smile The Trumper's Rose is one soap I keep forgetting to use, despite loving its scent and performance.

Thank you Marco, my friend! Your comments are always a pleasure to read! :em2900:

The shave was wonderful...I shall definitely be looking forward to repeating this next week!

Sameer, no one posts more elegant and refined shots than you! :001_tt1: Keep up the excellent works and save this beauty for the third week of August, when the "themed week" will be LUXURY. :wink2:

If Michelangelo Buonarroti, the greatest Italian sculptor ever, had had a camera in his hands he would have created Masterpieces like this. :ouch1: Grazie, Maestro. :001_smile

Marco, as always, you are too kind. Unfortunately, it will be my last for a while. It appears that is the last picture my camera will take. Some of the pins that connect it to the CF card have broken. It can no longer record pictures. :cursing::cursing::cursing:

Oh NO Henry! That's terrible! On the positive side, unless you picked it up recently, perhaps it's time for an upgrade??? What're you thinking of getting next?

Marco, as always, you are too kind. Unfortunately, it will be my last for a while. It appears that is the last picture my camera will take. Some of the pins that connect it to the CF card have broken. It can no longer record pictures. :cursing::cursing::cursing:

Oh NO Henry! That's terrible! On the positive side, unless you picked it up recently, perhaps it's time for an upgrade??? What're you thinking of getting next?

It is five years old ... Since I have the lenses, I'll definitely get another Canon. Either a EOS Rebel T3i or a EOS 60D. Got some research to do.

The first week of this month is dedicated to Portugal! :001_cool: This, just like Spain, is a beautiful land with an old and very respected barbershop tradition. :thumbup: Many of the finest soft shaving creams and boar brushes come from here. :001_tt1: And, during this week, you have to show us all your best Portuguese shaving tools. Therefore add in your always wonderful photos at least one item that has been "made in Portugal". :wink2:

proxy.php

Yet another great "Theme" week, Marco, and a beautiful shave and pic, my friend!:001_smile:thumbup1:

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy

:crying: Maestro, please, get a new camera VERY soon! :wink2:

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
Dovo "Prima Klang" Singing Violetwood, 5/8, Full Hollow Ground, Round Point
Cyril R. Salter (Streich-Riemen) Strop
Semogue SOC
Cella, Crema Sapone Extra Extra Purissima
Alum block
Italian floid Blue

proxy.php

Excellent set-up, David! Was the shave with your new straight good, my friend?

I've nothing from Portugal... Oh well!

proxy.php

No worries. All I have is a couple of Semogue brushes that I only use with Italian soft soaps, so there will be a few shots from me this week, also without! And that Arlington(my favourite English soap) is a delight to see.:001_wub: Great photo and shave!!:001_smile:thumbup1:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom