What's new

SOTD- sheng of the day

Good idea.

What I like about this tea is its simple honesty. Despite it being blunt and tossing you around the room after a couple cups, the same flavour and energy comes through. By now means is this a subtle tea but its steadiness is commendable. What you drink is what you get :w00t:! Have yet to be deceived by the mighty ODB brick :biggrin:!

Last edited:

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
What I like about this tea is its simple honesty. Despite it being blunt and tossing you around the room after a couple cups, the same flavour and energy comes through. By now means is this a subtle tea but it steadiness is commendable. What you drink is what you get :w00t:! Have yet to be deceived by the mighty ODB brick :biggrin:!

Further proof that a simple, humble item can be a classic.

I think you summed it up best with the word "honest".

ouch

2007 Xizhihao dragon phoenix.

My bing is almost gone. I'll miss it.

ouch

"Beta" sample from Hobbes's taste test (thanks, Scott).

I know it's been about six months, but I finally got around to trying this one. I have no idea which one it is, but I'm assuming it's B for Bulang, since it was B for Bitter, with a capital B. Not bad, per se, but not in my top fifty.

Last edited:
looking good, havent tried them but I'm still in the midst of trying some 04,05 yichang hao.

might reach for one if I come across it :001_smile

It really is very good. It tastes much richer than I would have expected for a five year old tea. There is much in the cup and I think this has the potential to age very well. I,m becoming a real lover of Chang Tai teas but they are not easy to find.

It really is very good. It tastes much richer than I would have expected for a five year old tea. There is much in the cup and I think this has the potential to age very well. I,m becoming a real lover of Chang Tai teas but they are not easy to find.

Sounds like a challenge. :thumbup1:

ouch

Today, one of my favorites - 2008 Yuan Nian "Gathering of Heroes". So rich, thick, and flavorful. One of the best pu'ers out there.

Okay, I've got to draw the line somewhere. Guys may believe that Jim switched to an electric razor, but no one is going to believe that. :w00t:

ouch

2008 7532 <801>

This one was brewed from bottom of the bag scrapings, for purely experimental reasons. It was overwhelmingly bitter. I'm sticking with whole chunks from now on. At the end of the yeat I'll give away any loose leaf I have left over (it will probably be a few pounds). :lol:

Today, one of my favorites - 2008 Yuan Nian "Gathering of Heroes". So rich, thick, and flavorful. One of the best pu'ers out there.

I might have to dig out my untouched sample of this! I assumed that this producer was entirely without merit, based on previous output. Tell us more!

Toodlepip,

Hobbes

P.s. "Beta" was the YS "Youle" (notes here). Lei and I didn't appreciate the processing on this one!

I might have to dig out my untouched sample of this! I assumed that this producer was entirely without merit, based on previous output. Tell us more!

Toodlepip,

Hobbes

P.s. "Beta" was the YS "Youle" (notes here). Lei and I didn't appreciate the processing on this one!

Check the date of the post, my friend :wink:

ouch

I was too lazy to break out the bings and start chipping away, so I made a Hobbes-style mystery blend comprised of mini chunks of peacock of Menghai, 7542 <802>, and 0622 <801).
Not bad.

Once the smoke of the first couple steaps clears, the fruity huigan is nice. I may have used a little too much leaf. This one certainly packs a punch :biggrin:! Yes this is one of those ultra-tweaked XG, but why not enjoy it now!

Last edited:
Top Bottom