What's new

๐Ÿ’ˆ ๐Ÿช’ ๐Ÿ’ˆ ๐Ÿช’ SOTD "Samples and Travel/Trial Sized Shaving Items WEEK" April 15-21, 2024 ๐Ÿ’ˆ ๐Ÿช’ ๐Ÿ’ˆ ๐Ÿช’

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
DE SOTD, April 18th, 2024

Razor : Yaqi 2nd Generation Mellon 316 SSP head with a Yaqi Chippendale 316 SSP handle. Mfg 2023>, mid range. The machining and finish QC are excellent and this razor just works for my mature technique and head design. This razor is based off "The Grande shave king razor" of the 1940's with many improvements like Stainless steel, no blade tab overhang and slightly more aggressive than the mild original 1940's Grand shave king razor variants. Had a close comfortable stellar shave this morning.
Blade : Gillette 7oClock SP(3) sharp and smooth with reasonable longevity.
Soap : Razorock XXX Fresco slightly mentholated, nice XXX unique scented and similar to the RR XXX + excellent lather qualities.
Brush : Yaqi " Lucky dice" 26mm brown whiskers synthetic fan knot. Excellent lather generator, luxury heavenly cloud like soft tips, luxury splay scrubber + excellent lather painter. This is a very nice brush for 26mm fan knot, they nailed it perfect for my shave needs, it does not get much better for myself for my brush Zen moment.
Pre shave : (Dedicated Cashmere synthetic)Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
Prep : Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave : Razorock XXX Fresco( slightly mentholated) with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
Results : Dial 10 stellar.jpg or CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers=:a17: Had a close comfortable stellar shave this morning with my Yaqi 2nd gen 316 SSP razor with a Gillette 7oClock SP blade.
SOTD April 18 2024.jpg

Have some great shaves!
ย 
My shave of the day was superb with my Kikuboshi. 6/8 hand forged. The characters read "hand forged" and "select" according to a Japanese friend. The jnat stone is a Kiita, the soap Abbate y La Mantia in a buffalo horn bowl.
ย 

Attachments

• SOTD.JPG
    SOTD.JPG
    860.2 KB ยท Views: 15

Friday SOTD
20240418_155126.jpg

Razor: King Cobra/Jurgen Hempel
Blade: Schick Proline (D5)
Brush: Shavemac 82 31mm
Bowl: Junichi Tanaka 5"
Pre-Shave Scrub: PAA Iced Enigma Machine Cube 2.0
Pre-Shave Balm: GroomingDept Mandarin and Cardamom
Shave Soap: CRSW Le Chypre Sombre LE
Butter: Saponificio Varesino Puro Burro di Karitรจ
Aftershave: Vicky Tiel Ulysse
โ€‹
ย 
IMG_6569.jpeg

Friday, April 19, 2024

Pre-Shave: Warm water splash / YBN Glycerin
Razor: Mรผhle Rocca R95
Blade: Gillette Silver Blue (3)
Brush: Mรผhle Purist Silvertip Badger Ebonite
Bowl: DSC scuttle
Soap: Mรผhle Sandalwood
Alum: none
A/S: Old Spice - Classic
Aftercare: Thayers Witch Hazel Unscented / Lily of the desert - 99% Aloe Vera Gelly
EdT: Chanel - Bleu de Chanel

I had a lovely Friday morning shave with the Rocca and a third appearance of this GSB blade. Only a 1.5 WTG pass today for a very good DFS with no nicks, weepers and no irritation. I seem to have found a proper routine for me to avoid the "soap burn" I've been having in the last few weeks.

The Mรผhle badger brush has now reached the lathering sweet spot. It's now about a year old and seems to be really "tuned in" , as my lather today was as quickly done to perfect consistency as with my synthetics. I added a bit of YBN glycerin/olive oil gel to the lather for that little extra slickness.

Today's shave was completed with Thayers Witch Hazel toner, one of the best purchases I've made in a long time; all thanks to the kind forum members who are using and recommending it. A generous dab of Aloe Vera gel ensured that any residual irritation wouldn't have a chance.

Old Spice Classic Aftershave and Bleu de Chanel match surprisingly good scent-wise, and why wouldn't red and blue be a perfect match?

Wishing all of you a pleasant weekend.
ย 

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
IMG_1218.jpeg

1) Portugal: Brush Semogue Hereditas Boar.
2) Turkey: Shaving Soap Derby.
3) England: Razor Gillette Four Piece Tech.
4) England: Razor Blade Vintage Wilkinson Sword Light Brigade Chromium blade.
5) France: Alum Block Osma.
6) France: Aftershave Balm Gillette Pro Sensitive Deep Comfort Gel After Shave.
7) India: Aftershave Splash Gillette Arctic Ice Bold Aftershave Splash.
ย 
sotd 19-4

Tried this Treet blade, but it was no success for me, not even in this mild razor. The Feather behaved a lot more comfortable and actually got some stubble removed ;-)

Mรผhle - R106
Treet - 7 days Platinum / Feather - Hi Stainless
Mรผhle - STF M
Stirling - Naked & Smooth
Williams - Aqua Velva
Balea - Men Sensitive ASB

20240419_01.jpg
ย 
Monday

Brush: Simpson Duke 3 Best
Cream: Taylor - Sandalwood
Razor: '55 Aristocrat
Blade: Gillette Silver Blue
A/S: Afta
Cologne / Fragrance: Azzaro Pour Homme

Tuesday

Cologne / Fragrance: Classic Match Polo Supreme Oud

Wednesday

Brush: Made Rite Pure Bristle #5
Cream: J.M. Fraser's
Cologne / Fragrance: Pino Silvestre

Thursday

Brush: Omega 10049
Cream: J.M. Fraser's

Friday

A/S: Family Dollar Spice Scent
Cologne / Fragrance: Old Spice (Vintage Shulton)

Mike
ย 
A SOD.jpg

Pre-Shave
Face wash with Cera Ve Face Soap
Soap/Cream
Vintage Williams
Brush
AP Shaving Synthetic
Bowl
Captainโ€™s Choice Copper
Razor
Timeless SS SB .68
Blade
Wizamet
Aftershave
Thayers WH & Duke Cannon ASB
Fragrance
Rating
10/10
Comments
This is the fifth shave with my Timeless SS SB .68 razor paired with a Wizamet blade. The shave was excellent but I can feel the blade getting a bit dull. Nevertheless, the shave was comfortable. Todayโ€™s brush is my AP Shaving Tuxedo โ€“ Synthetic. I am continuing to use the vintage Williams. This was the 115th shave with this fine soap. There are not that many shaves left with the Williams soap. Have a wonderful day and weekend, folks.
ย 
Razor: Schick J - Asylum injector
Blade: Vintage Schick (2) - Schick (12)
Brush: Stirling Tuxedo
Bowl: Captainโ€™s Choice
Lather: Cooper & French Relentless
Aftershave: Witch Hazel - Bootleggers Vanilla Bay Rum

This vintage blade is pretty harsh. I gave up on it during the second pass and switched to the Asylum. I may give it one more chance, but the 12th shave with the Chinese Schick is much, much more comfortable.

IMG_3481.jpeg
ย 
Status
Not open for further replies.