What's new

💵 💴 💰 SOTD - “Free Week (free stuff!) Week” July 10th to July 16th, 2023 💵 💴 💰

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tonights shave…
Razor REX Ambassador set on 5.5/6
Preshave Proraso white let it soak in
3 drops of eucalyptus shave oil rubbed in evenly around your chin cheeks upper lip sideburns. Once my brush blooms i give it a light squeeze(to remove excess water then gentle shake to throw a little more liquid, then i swirl the brush inside the soap container and swipe circles and circles for a few minutes and add drops of water if needed to find that perfect creamy peaky delicious lather. I then rewet my face scrubbing against the grain lifting all the hairs one more spash and on to painting. I scoop from the bowl picking up lather with my Badger brush and paint making sure im lifting hair not flattering it. Now the best part, make sure my razor wet and clean and start cutting with the grain, then cross the grain then against the grain, i then rinse my face off and run my fingers against the grain to see how close of a shave it was. Not often but sometimes youll miss a spot thats where havin extra cream helps, just relather do a quick cleanup on any places that arent BBS.get your Alum block wet, then rub it all over your face where youve just shaven. Then lightly splash your face down with water. Now its time to pick a post shave cream. I personally have been using the Proraso blue, it smells amazing a little dab i put a couple stripes down my jaw and cheek on both sides then a dab on where my mustache used to be then you just massage it in until absorbed, then my final step is to clean up, blow water out my razor the spinning nut gets pulled out washed and dried the main part of the razor gets blown our and shook dry, the blade i used hets rinsed off and pat dry on a towell and when everything is done i do my last deed, hang up all my gear grab my favorite Aftershave Italian Citrus by Fine Accoutrements at this point in time, if you want to follow my technique or make your own then dont be afraid to post it!
Thank you for reading
LooneyToons816 AKA Vincent

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1,011.9 KB · Views: 6
View attachment 1687407

Razor: Wade & Butcher 5/8

Lather: Hendrix Classics & Company Sci-Fi Cowboy (unscented) w/ Renegade (Wanted by Azzaro) fragrance oil
Brush: Vikings Blade White Knight
Bowl: Fine Accoutrements Fine Lather Bowl

Post 1: P.A.A. Alum w/ No-Slip Grip System & Dry Dock System
Post 2: Dickinson's Enhanced Witch Hazel Deep Cleansing Astringent w/ Menthol & Eucalyptus
Aftershave: Hendrix Classics & Company Gunslinger
Post 4: Neutrogena Hydro Boost Gel-Cream Extra-Dry w/ Hyaluronic Acid

Continuing my exploration of scent-your-own I opted to go with the Renegade fragrance oil today. This fragrance is an "extra premium" option and is based on Wanted by Azzaro. It's also one that I really like!

I've long been a frag head, long before I got into wet shaving, and have what I consider to be a decent fragrance collection. Cologne-inspired shaving gear always gets my attention and rarely disappoints me. This includes the frag oil I used today. HC&C has several "extra premium" frag oil options that are well worth your attention and money, Renegade being one of them. It's woody, warm, and very manly.

Weekends are for straight razor shaving so my W&B it is. It's got a nice edge and gives good shaves so I was looking forward to using it today.

After shaving I splashed on some always enjoyable Gunslinger aftershave. This is another gear fragrance offered by HC&C.

This makes two down and two to go for my scent-your-own journey.

That's all for today. Enjoy your shaves everyone.
Absolutely beautiful pic my man!!
Where did you get that tiny shovel?? Someone stole my gold spoon so im in need of another can ya please help me out!?

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
DE SOTD, Tuesday, July 18th 2023

Razor : Yaqi Slope slant, 316SS semi polished with a Yaqi handle- Mfg 2023> mild to tame mid range depending on blade used, excellent accurate machining with a great finish for my shaving needs. This torsional type slant works well and even with a Kai extra wide blade my skin seems feel great after the shave with no issues. This is a compact torsional design with very few that are designed like this ever made, Closest I have seen would be the Above The Tie S2 and it is even slightly different in design.
This could be a daily driver for a lot of folks and myself included, had a close no issues shave this morning. If a person likes a little more blade the Kai extra wide blade works well. YY KAI SS DE Blade Kai .871inch wide Astra SP .862 wide-2.4 =12 X 12 size.jpg
Blade : Kai SS extra wide (3) sharp and smooth with excellent longevity, great blade if a person wants a little more blade feel or blade exposure.
Soap : Mitchell's wool fat- mild scented soap with excellent lather qualities.
Brush : Yaqi "Orbital ring" 24mm boar bristle, excellent lather generator, soft split end boar bristle hairs, great splay scrubber + great lather painter.
Pre shave : (Dedicated Cashmere synthetic)Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
Prep : Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave : Fine fresh Vetiver with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
Results : 1-10 dial - Copy (2)2 template 10.1.jpg CCS,DFS,BBs + no irritation + no weepers=:a17: excellent shave with my Yaqi Slope slant with a Kai extra wide blade.(cotton ball tested this morning)
SOTD July 18 2023.jpg

Have some great shaves!

Absolutely beautiful pic my man!!
Where did you get that tiny shovel?? Someone stole my gold spoon so im in need of another can ya please help me out!?
Oh, thanks man!

Sorry to hear about your spoon. But yeah! Hendrix Classics and Company has two of them to choose from. This flat edge one that I have and another that has a curved edge. Kind of like a shovel. Go figure.

I'm a bowl latherer so it comes in really handy to transfer soap from the jar to the bowl.

I'd post a link but... Anyway, go take a look. They're pretty easy to find on the site.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom