What's new

๐Ÿ‡ฉ๐Ÿ‡ช ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ฆ ๐Ÿ‡ซ๐Ÿ‡ท ๐Ÿ‡ช๐Ÿ‡ธ ๐Ÿ‡ง๐Ÿ‡ช ๐Ÿ‡ฌ๐Ÿ‡ง ๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡น ๐Ÿ‡ฌ๐Ÿ‡ท ๐Ÿ‡ต๐Ÿ‡น ๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ‡ช ๐Ÿ‡ฆ๐Ÿ‡น SOTD - โ€œEuropeanโ€ Theme Week - Monday April 24th, 2023 to Sunday April 30th, 2023 ๐Ÿ‡ฉ๐Ÿ‡ช ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ฆ ๐Ÿ‡ซ๐Ÿ‡ท ๐Ÿ‡ช๐Ÿ‡ธ ๐Ÿ‡ง๐Ÿ‡ช ๐Ÿ‡ฌ๐Ÿ‡ง ๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡น ๐Ÿ‡ฌ๐Ÿ‡ท ๐Ÿ‡ต๐Ÿ‡น ๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ‡ช ๐Ÿ‡ฆ๐Ÿ‡น

Status
Not open for further replies.
Razor: Supply Pro
Blade: Supply Black (4)
Brush: Stirling 24mm Synthetic
Bowl: Captainโ€™s Choice
Soap: RazoRock Lime - Italy
Aftershave: Bootleggers Perfecto

IMG_2168.jpeg
ย 

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
Sunday Schick shave, April 30th 2023

Razor : Schick J1 type injector, Mfg 1957-64, mild range, well built to last, I can shave quicker with a injector, quick clean up.
Had a carefree shave this morning.
Blade : Personna SS PTFE injector (8) sharp & smooth, very sharp, great longevity, smooth's out nicely + predictable.
Soap : Razorock Emperor, sharp scent that is hard to describe + excellent lather qualities.
Brush : Yaqi "Cola" 22mm synthetic, excellent lather generator, cloud like soft tips, great splay scrubber + excellent lather painter.
Pre shave : (Dedicated Cashmere synthetic)Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
Prep : Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave : Razorock Emperor AS with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
Results : 1-10 dial - Copy (2)5 template 8.5.jpg or CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers=:thumbup: great shave with my Schick J1 injector with a Personna coated blade.
SOTD April 30 2023.jpg

Have some great shaves!
ย 
20230429_085904.jpg

Razor: Schick E2 Deluxe Injector razor
Blade: Schick Injector
Brush: Sawdust Creations Studio Johnny Be Good, FSG7 knot
Pre-Shave: Proraso White
Lather: Truefitt & Hill Apsley
Aftershave: Pinaud Lilac Vegetal
Additional Care:
Thayers Facial Tonic Witch Hazel Unscented
Imperial Leather Talcum Powder

Head Shave:

Razor: Parker V1 Adjustable Injector
Blade: Personna Injector
Brush: Supply Silvertip Synthetic
Pre-Shave: Proraso White
Lather: Old Spice Lather Cream
Aftershave: Proraso White Aftershave Balm
Additional Care:
Thayers Facial Tonic Witch Hazel Unscented
ย 
IMG_4825.jpeg

IMG_4826.jpeg

Razor: 1907 American Safety Razor Company "ASR"
Blade: Personna Gem Stainless Steel PTFE

Soap: Lothur Grooming RED
Brush: Ever-Ready 100 (restored)
Bowl: Fine Accoutrements Fine Lather Bowl

Post 1: P.A.A. Alum w/ No-Slip Grip System & Dry Dock System
Post 2: Dickinson's Enhanced Witch Hazel Deep Cleansing Astringent w/ Menthol & Eucalyptus
Aftershave: Stirling Soap Company Light-Ish Red
Finish: Stirling Soap Company Light-Ish Red EdT

Here we are at the end of Vintage April and I felt it most appropriate to commemorate the month with this beautiful American Safety Razor Company "ASR" razor.

As you can see is quite a unique-looking razor. It's a single-edge razor that uses Gem-style blades and even though you might assume it would be aggressive. It's actually not. It's kind of middle of the road to me, at least to me. The interesting bit is that the effective cutting angle is very small. To find it you have to keep a very steep angle. Basically, it has to be held perpendicular to your face. But when you do it cuts like a dream with the lower portion of the head acting like a lather catcher.

I did a three-pass shave with this being only the second time I've used a Lothur Grooming shaving soap and again I feel like this stuff is just ridiculously good. This soap base is one of the best I've used and I've used a lot.

RED, being inspired by Polo Red from Ralph Lauren is very good. It has notes of grapefruit, citrus facets, jasmine, green notes, amber wood accord, vetiver, patchouli, and oakmoss. I think RED was executed very well and if these notes strike your fancy, or you already like Polo Red, you will love this release.

To finish my shave off I went with Stirling Soap Company's Light-Ish Red. This is one of if not my favorite releases from Stirling. It's inspired by Abercrombie Fierce and in my opinion matches very well with my soap choice.

Alright. Great shave. Now I'm for to enjoy the day. Take care and enjoy your shaves.
ย 

SOTD, Saturday, April 29th, 2023

Shower + Ach Brito Glyce face lather and rinse
Opal shave soap stick
Erskine badger brush
Star safety razor + Gem stainless blade
Cool washcloth rinse
Westphal's aftershave

Only second shave with the Star lather-catcher and Gem; I still need some practice to dial this in!
Perhaps it was the old Gem blade? Will try again in the coming week but with a fresh blade!
And after looking closely at the forged Star blade, I won't even try that one!

proxy.php

โ€‹
ย 
Head and face SOTD ๐Ÿ’ˆ๐Ÿช’
Gillette Super Speed with Gillette Nacet blade.
Leaf razor loaded with 2 x Euromax singles.
Simpson T3 brush.
Hags Eulogy soap and splash.
RS balm.

That was a lovely shave. The post shave feel left by this soap, and splash is sublime. I didn't find the scent of coconut overbearing like some others I've tried with similar profiles.
The vintage Gillette made things easy and comfortable.
Happy Shaving ๐Ÿ˜Š

20230430_135334.jpg
ย 
Vintage April, 2023 โ€” SOTD
GOT-SOTD-K_2023-04-30.jpg
:001_wub:

Brush: Shavemac 20/46 Silvertip 2-Band
Soap: Clubman
Razor: 1920s Gillette Old Type on Tech Fat Handle
Blade: Gillette 7o'clock Black (18)
ASL: Clubman Classic Vanilla

A great shave. :biggrin:
I'd forgotten what an excellent shaver my Old Type is. A fine way to complete Vintage April. :w00t:
Thank you, David (@never-stop-learning) for hosting this super thread... and all the participants. I've really enjoyed it. :clap:

Happy shaves guys. :cornut:
ย 
Pre-shave: Proraso White
Bowl: Captain's Choice
Brush: DS Cosmetic
Lather: Mason Boutique "Lillian"
Razor: 1951 Gillette Tech
Blade: Gillette "Minora Platinum"
Witch hazel: Thayers "Lavender"
Alum block: Osma
After shave: Denim "1975"
Face cream: Neutrogena "Hydro Boost"

2023-04-30.jpg
ย 
No pictures was in hurry

Razor: Gillette Tech made in England R4 my birthday year and quarter
Handle: iKon 85mm Bulldog Handle
Blade: Astra Platinum Green
Brush: PAA Astraeus 22 Synthetic Shaving Brush
Bowl: Pereira Shavery Unbreakable Shaving Bowl Woodysh
Pre-shave: Grooming Dept Unscented
Soap: Cold River Soap Works Glide Ethereal
Alum Block: PAA Alum block system with dry dock and no slip grip
Styptic Pencil: HC&C
Balm: Stirling Orange Chill Witch Hazel and Aloe followed by a dab Iced Pineapple balm mixed with a dollop of Executive Man balm
ย 
Razor: King C Gillette

Blade: King C (1)
Preshave: PAA The Cube
Soap: Meลกtar Bagulina (๐Ÿ‡ญ๐Ÿ‡ท)
Aftershave: Custom made "Old Spice Fresh" is the name given for this splash, Meลกtar Bagulina Aftershave Balm (๐Ÿ‡ญ๐Ÿ‡ท) (on neck area, more prone to irritation and 10 minutes after using splash on face)

This is my first time using this razor and yea its really mild to say the least. It was a good shave, the razor has good balance, the grip was no problem with the handle, length of the handle was good, weight was nice but wow its mild. When I say mild I mean when I first put the blade in I was like "Wow that is one small blade gap and mild blade exposure". I was thinking it would be a rough shave, take too many passes and I would either have very irritated skin or would have to change razors. No didn't happen, I was able to get thru it.

The soap of course and aftershave I really like, I have every time I have used Meลกtar for myself. The custom "Old Spice Fresh" aftershave I got was really nice, complemented well the the post shave lotion. The aftershave feel was really nice and refreshing.

Overall, terrific shave on 5 days growth, very happy, no cuts, weepers, nick, irritation. This was a WTG, WTG with touch ups, ATG and ATG touch ups a bit and I got a DFS+, very happy with it considering how mild the razor was.

20230430_194558.jpg
ย 
Status
Not open for further replies.