What's new

SOTD April 25 through 1 May, 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tuesday morning,

Schick Injector Razor L1 w/ Schick Blade (3)
Rooney 1/2 "Super" Silvertip Brush,
Arko shave soap w/ hot water lather,
Cold water rinse, finish w/ Thayers
Original Witch Hazel. CCS! :thumbup1:

Henry, sorry for cutting in but I agree with your assessment of the Palmera. I picked up a NOS one a while ago and it was a great shaving blade...up there with my vintage Issard...it has since moved on to a new home since I haven't used a straight since January.

Thank you. Have you had the pleasure of shaving with a large Palmera? I highly recommend it. An absolutely superb blade.

Henry, sorry for cutting in but I agree with your assessment of the Palmera. I picked up a NOS one a while ago and it was a great shaving blade...up there with my vintage Issard...it has since moved on to a new home since I haven't used a straight since January.

Cut in all you want :thumbup1:. Why'd you give up shaving with a straight?

Thank you. Have you had the pleasure of shaving with a large Palmera? I highly recommend it. An absolutely superb blade.

Henry,
Unfortunately no :sad:...Always been on my list, but haven't found one in pristine condition yet. I heard they are divine shavers indeed. But, I am patient. One will eventually make it my way:001_smile

I walked in to find my 3 year old had managed to climb up on the counter, open my medicine cabinet and find my still wet straight drying on it's stand. She had the blade open and I still shudder to think what could have happened had I not returned when I did. She used the toilet seat as a step-ladder...that moment still gives me night-mares. Since then, I have not touched any of my straights after using them almost exclusively...

I walked in to find my 3 year old had managed to climb up on the counter, open my medicine cabinet and find my still wet straight drying on it's stand. She had the blade open and I still shudder to think what could have happened had I not returned when I did. She used the toilet seat as a step-ladder...that moment still gives me night-mares. Since then, I have not touched any of my straights after using them almost exclusively...

Yikes! Quite understandable!!

Henry,
Unfortunately no :sad:...Always been on my list, but haven't found one in pristine condition yet. I heard they are divine shavers indeed. But, I am patient. One will eventually make it my way:001_smile

Much like my search for a Puma Gold for less than a car payment :001_smile

TUESDAY

PRESHAVE: Wash w/ Dr. Tocci's Eucalyptus soap; Hot wash-cloth
SHAVE OIL: Blend of Baby Oil w/ Menthol
SHAVE SOAP: HBS Sandalwood Musk - Lathered in a warmed glass bowl
BRUSH: Tweezerman Badger
RAZOR: Parker 90R
BLADE: Gillette 7 O'Clock
A/S: Masters Bay Rum

RESULT: 2 full passes w/ little touch-up in the usual spots. Very nice Shave.

Art of Shaving lemon~kimson / Henckels Friodur 7/8 / ASL Myrsol lemon

proxy.php

HJM boar brush
Gilette Tech
Crystal Blade(4th shave)
Kiehl's Pre-shave oil
AOS Lavender Soap
Clubman AS
Clinique post shave healer balm

Wonderful pictures and shaves today, everyone.

It's pretty gloomy on campus today. 11 more days of class. Not that I'm counting or anything. :whistling:

Tuesday:

Simpson Chubby 2 Super
Penhaligon's Blenheim Bouquet shaving soap
Feather SS with Iridium Super
Bourbon Parfums EdC as AS
Gentlemen's Refinery AS Balm
Knize Sec

Tuesday:

Razor: Merkur 38C Barber Pole
Blade: Wilkinson Sword
Brush: Omega Boar 10005
Cream: Arko Extra Sensitive
A/S: Master Bay Rum
EdC: English Leather

:thumbup1:

Tuesday

Semogue 1250
Merkur 34 with Derby Extra

Sir Irisch Moos Shave Stick
Floïd Suave After Shave

Have a nice day, Gentlemen :001_smile

proxy.php

No photo the next couple of days - loosing my internet connection :scared:

Razor: Futur (0n 2 for the head, 4 for the face)
Blade: Supermax stainless
Brush: Turkish Horsehair #7
Soap: Arko pressed in an old spice mug
Finishing touch: aqua Velva , AVon ASB, Royal Copenhagen cologne

I read a review that this blade couldn't cut butter ? It is becoming my favorite head shaving blade, smooth and gentle. With blades as everything shave related, YMMV. The #7 is another Turkish horsehair brush, finally got it de-funked and gave it a whirl. I must say " it is good". 2 passes on the noggin 3 passes on the face and I've been rewarded by the shave God's with creamy lather and another BBS shave. Life is good.

Great shaves today, gentlemen.

Tuesday

Edwin Jagger DE86 with Derby
Simpson Commodore X2 Best
TOBS shave cream: Sandalwood
jojoba oil with vetiver EO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom