Not open for further replies.
Thursday:

Simpson Chubby 2 Super 2B
TOBS Lavender cream
Feather SS with Iridium Super
Thayer's Original witch hazel
Castle Forbes Lavender balm
Penhaligon's Sartorial

A nice combination this morning...I'm enjoying the Sartorial.

Pre-Shave:
Hot shower
Brush: 23mm Simpson "Chubby #1", 2-band, Super Badger
Maxterpiece: 7/8" Geo. Wostenholm "I•XL Celebrated", 1/2 Hollow Ground, Barber's Notch (Black G10)
Strop: 55/65 laps (Neil Miller linen/Premium IV leather)
Überlather: Cyril Salter "French Vetiver" Shave Creme + SRD "Vetiver" Shave Soap + Glycerin
Toner: Thayer's Witch Hazel (Rose Petal, no alcohol)
Moisturizer: Trumper's Fragrance-free Moisturizer
After Shave Splash: Irish Moos AS
Cologne: Creed Original Vetiver EdC
Results: The Wosty IXL was one of my Maxterpieces I hadn't used in awhile...so, today was the perfect opportunity to bring her out for a spin. The Vetiver combo of the SRD and the Cyril was truly exceptional!!! And the scent? Out of this world
proxy.php
. My wife was hanging out around the den just to enjoy the scent emanating from this wholesome and creamy überlicious lather; a pea size amount of the creme + a "double loading" of the soap produced enough for this entire forum. I wish everyone were here to enjoy it, but oh well, unless the SRP developers can figure out a way to make transference a reality trough the network, you'll just have to take my word for it
proxy.php
. Then came the Pièce de résistance, i.e., the Wosty
proxy.php
. This beauty had everything going for her; brains and brawn. She wiped the whiskers like yesterdays old news. Super shave, super feeling, and a super smooth face
proxy.php
. Let's see what today has in store for me. Whatever it is, I am ready for it.

Have a FABULOUS Thursday gentlemen
proxy.php

Robert, it would be easier to just compliment you in advance, for all your photos, at the start of the week. Always exceptional!:thumbup1:

Yes Sir! That's one fine shave you had today, and an excellent shot!:thumbup1:

Fabulous shot Emanuel :thumbup:

Excellent shave setup Marco. I love it. Chubby rules, eh? :thumbup::thumbup:

Tabac rules Vasco. Well done. Great choices :thumbup:

Great trilogy :thumbup:. But, I stand corrected as to the castle. It seems to be Minas Tirith. Thanks Berkin :thumbup1:

Awesome Dorko Mike :thumbup:. No pict :tongue_sm??

Another great shot Miguel :thumbup:

Wowwwww Luis. Check that razor out. I love it. Nice SOTD :thumbup:

Thank you :001_smile

Humberto,
Great job on a great shave :thumbup1:

That's a delicious looking lather Bill. Well done :thumbup:

Keith,
No sweat. It happens. I often take my shots beforehand too. But sounds like you had a nice one nonetheless :thumbup:

Fabulously fantastic :thumbup:

Henry,
You're just fueling my RAD :thumbup1:. I am looking for a 776, extra hollow.

beautiful as always José :thumbup:

Straordinario, Maestro. Semplicemente straordinario. :thumbup:

Beautiful shot gentlemen!

Thanks gents.

Marco, molte grazie, apprezzo il complimento il mio amico. Le tue immagini sono uno dei veri piaceri di questo thread.

Gillette Aristocrat junior - British Set #58
with Gillette Super Thin (1)
Kent BK 2
Van der Hagen SS
Patchouli EdT

Have a nice day! :001_smile

proxy.php

Your photos have a most unique light quality. I always enjoy them. The color quality kind of reminds me of an old photograph with out looking like it's trying to look like an old photograph. It's very natural and genuine; so much so that it took me a long to time to put my finger on it.

Thank you. You might actually be seeing the mixed light sources that I am using- I try to take my photos in the evening in preparation for the following morning's shave and at the moment, there is indoor lighting as well as some natural light coming through the window. Still some learning to do with the new camera and processing software, but at least it is fun trying :thumbup1:

Edwin Jagger DE89L
Feather
Simpson Colonel X2L Best
Castle Forbes Lime Essential Oil:001_wub:
Alum Block
Paco Rabanne XS Aftershave
C&E West Indian Lime Cologne

proxy.php

That's what we are talking about! Lovely stuff David.

Thursday, 28.Abr.2011

Predopobarba Proraso
Semogue 1305
Dr. Selby Lavender crema de afeitar en pote
Edwin Jagger DE86
Derby Extra Horizontal
Thayers Witch Hazel Lemon
Emporio Body Store Affair ASB

proxy.php

I really like the scent of this Uruguayan soap (hard cream? in this case, is very hard!), a lavender fragrance, with some sweeter notes. The soap has an excellent glide and protection, that leaves nothing to be desired.
Another surprise was Emporio Body Store's Affair ASB, from Brasil, very refreshing, ideal for this warmer days, and a very nice, "cologny" aroma.

Fantastic!

Simpson Classic 2 Best
Valobra, Sapone per barba stick
Merkur HD
Bolzano Superinox Inossidabile
Proraso AS Splash​

proxy.php

Very nice Marco. Nice choice of brush this morning! :thumbup1:

Thursday 04-28-2011 :thumbup1:

- PRE FLOÏD SHAVE OIL
- MICHELL'S WOOL FAT SHAVE SOAP
- SHAVEMAC 167 D01 TWO BANDS
- MERKUR MERGRESS + PERSONNA IP
- OSMA BLOCK ALUM
- THAYERS ROSES
- WELEDA BALM

Best regards
Miguel

That is superb. Many thanks Miguel.

Mitchell´s Wool Fat // JMP Medallon Taurino // Chubby 2 // Thayers // Floid Vigoroso

proxy.php

Just gorgeous!

proxy.php

Revisor | AK 1869 + DR Harris Almond + Glycerin | Semogue 2010 LE | Sabon | Mazzolari Mazzolari​

Lovely shave and photo. Thanks Bill.

Have a FABULOUS Thursday gentlemen

Nice picture Robert. I suppose that razor is ok :tongue_sm

Keith,
No sweat. It happens. I often take my shots beforehand too. But sounds like you had a nice one nonetheless :thumbup:

It certainly was a nice shave. The sea buckthorn is one of my favourite scents from all of the creams and soaps I have (and that's quite a few). When I need a refill of the QCS Key Lime I think I'll ask Matthew for a custom sea buckthorn scented cream/soap too.

I doubt I'll have time for a straight shave in the morning either as my grandfathers funeral is at 10 AM. Getting up earlier for a straight shave is not an option - I'm just not a morning person :laugh:

Thursday, 04-28-11. MUSIC: The Specials_LP_Too much too young.

proxy.php

Soap from Aleppo 100% olive - Semogue 2000 - Gillette Fat Boy E-1 - 7 O'clock SharpEdge #1 - Pre Edwin Jagger - Mitchell's Wool Fat shaving soap - Alum block - Toner Thayers Original - ASB Truefitt & Hill - ASL Honeybee Gardens Bay Rum.

proxy.php

Thursday
Johnson Baby Oil
Parker Badger
Gillette Slim setting #7
Palomive Shave Soap
Asco Blade
Poraso After Shave
Three passes brought a great shave that was BBS

:clap:Fabulous shaves today gents!:clap:

Finally back after a six day shaving celibacy, and what a wonderful shave it was! The Swedish steel chopped down the beard like a lawnmower cutting spring grass :biggrin1:

Duke 2
E.A. Berg 5/8 Wedge
Valobra Crema de Sapone purissima Menthol
L'occitane Verdon AS

proxy.php

Last edited:
:clap:Fabulous shaves today gents!:clap:

Finally back after a six day shaving celibacy, and what a wonderful shave it was! The Swedish steel chopped down the beard like a lawnmower cutting spring grass :biggrin1:

Duke 2
E.A. Berg 5/8 Wedge
Valobra Crema de Sapone purissima Menthol
L'occitane Verdon AS

Welcome back, Rune. And what a comeback!:thumbup1:

Wednesday

7/8 Kropp
Scottish Fine Soaps Classic Male Grooming Shave Soap
Simpsons Commodore X1
Simple for Men AS Balm
Pinaud Citrus Musk Cologne

Thursday