What's new

Song/Band tag

No complicated connection here, other than some liberties with spelling

Lindsey Buckingham w/ Stevie Nicks: Say Goodbye

Last edited by a moderator:

brucered

System Generated
that's a tough tag, and i'm gonna try to bring i back to more my style of music. Pearl Jam. this song was a B-Side (I Got ID being the A) (yes, i have it on 45) and also featured on the Dead Man Walking soundtrack (this version). many versions are out there, but i like the one with east indian singer Fateh Ali Khan, who passed away shortly after the song. if you listen to the whole song, you will here the great duet and how well these two artists sang it together. 2 different styles of music, from 2 totally different genres and parts of the world, but it works wonderfully.

not my all time Favorite PJ song, but it's probably top 5, if not top 3....lyric tag: "There's no need to say goodbye"....."The sun will rise another day". What a great song, i chose to share the studio version, as i feel Khan is better studio, then some of the live versions

Eddie Vedder & Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan - The Long Road

I'll take any opportunity to tag with Dylan!

Bob Dylan - On The Road Again

brucered

System Generated
Love the dylan, any dylan, especially the album that was taken from "Bringing it all back home", his 1st electric.

let's tag it with another legend and one my favorites, Cat Stevens, aka Yusuf Islam. he came back after YEARS of hiatus and put out Roadsinger a few years ago, a very solid album from start to finish (still have to get the vinyl :001_unsur)

Yusuf Islam - Roadsinger

Never heard this before. His voice fits well with the song and the band, very cool! And a great solo,all in all awesome performance

Probably going away from your comfort zone again, but an easy tag and IMO one of the best rock instrumentals ever.

Fire On High - Electric Light Orchestra

brucered

System Generated
Never heard this before. His voice fits well with the song and the band, very cool! And a great solo,all in all awesome performance

Probably going away from your comfort zone again, but an easy tag and IMO one of the best rock instrumentals ever.

sorry, edski...i was removing my tag, as i felt it wasn't TAG worthy with the rules etc. but we'll tag off yours anyway.

edit - my tag was "Eddie Vedder singing Light My Fire by The Doors"

Last edited:

brucered

System Generated
let's tag off HIGH...with one of my favorite who songs, also one of my favorite PJ covers they do....here is THE WHO (my all time favorite band), when they were known as THE HIGH NUMBERS, this one live at the BBC

The High Numbers - Leaving Here

Nice tag, Bruce. So from an original Mod band to a Mod revivalist band. This from their first album called In The City, released in 1977.

The Jam - Away From The Numbers

brucered

System Generated
nice...let's tag with when they were officially THE WHO, with their 1st little mini rock opera, this little snippet is from Wes Anderson's RUSHMORE, the best dark comedy of all time (if you ask me) and one of my personal favorite movies of all time (Bill Murrays classic in it), with a killer soundtrack (cat stevens, kinks, who, lennon, and on and on)

The Who - A Quick One While He's Away

As I said before, any opportunity to tag with Dylan...

Love the original version of this from The Times They Are a-Changin' album and love this live version from his 1966 tour of Britain. The tour of the infamous judas shout.

Bob Dylan - One Too Many Mornings

brucered

System Generated
As I said before, any opportunity to tag with Dylan...

Love the original version of this from The Times They Are a-Changin' album and love this live version from his 1966 tour of Britain. The tour of the infamous judas shout.

nice to see another Dylan fan on here. i've only seen him twice, both times blew me away. i have so much dylan on vinyl, cd and bootleg, it's like an AD :scared:

brucered

System Generated
lets' tag Morning, with some Ben Harper. anything by BH is magical, and this one does not disappoint. the versatility of ben, his guitar and voice always amazes me. from gospel, to funk, to folk to straight up R&R, it always sound great live and on vinyl :thumbup:

Ben Harper - Morning Yearning

nice to see another Dylan fan on here. i've only seen him twice, both times blew me away. i have so much dylan on vinyl, cd and bootleg, it's like an AD :scared:

I know what you mean! Seen him five times so far, hope to see him again, and there are so many albums to collect considering all the bootlegs. I often lurk on a Dylan forum and he seems to inspire obsession in a lot of people. There are people on the forum who follow his tour everywhere and have seen him hundreds of times. It's crazy.

My tag -

Paul Weller (from The Jam whose song I previously tagged) covering Gordon Lightfoot.

Paul Weller - Early Morning Rain

brucered

System Generated
Cool and very nice tag.

you served me this tag on a platter....but we'll tag it with a cover version, sung by one of the all time greats

Robert Plant - A Hard Rain's A- Gonna Fall

Nice tag. Great song.

I'll tag with Robert Plant. I enjoyed this album with Alison Krauss when it was first released but haven't listened to it in a while. I'll have to dig it out again.

Robert Plant & Alison Krauss - Rich Woman

Top Bottom