What's new

Some Neat Local Finds

DFW has a sizable Indian population, in particular in the north Irving, Richardson, and Plano areas, so there's no shortage of Indian stores around. I'd been to one in south Irving, but they had no shaving items. I decided to check out India Bazaar, as on their website it showed that they had Godrej, Dettol, and Palmolive creams. Not only that, but they also had the famed Shulton formula Old Spice cream, so I snatched up a tube of that right off the bat. I'm eager to try these creams, as they seem to get pretty good reviews around here. Also picked up a cheap alum block. I posted this under the Shopping and Deals subforum as well, so other DFW'ers can get in on this as well.

View attachment 271524

Ah man, I'm jealous.

I really wanted some Original scent Shulton Old Spice cream, so I tried to order a pair of tubes from an indian seller on ebay. Unfortunately I ended up receiving Musk and Fresh Lime, return shipping is more than the initial price, and the seller is unwilling to make it right. Negative feeback for him, PIF fodder for me. Harumph.

You're lucky to have a local source.

You found some winners. How awesome is it to have found a local source for great product?

I was pretty stoked when I saw it on the shelf, people there probably think I'm a nut. I just hope they keep it stocked-up, but they'll at least have me as a regular customer!

What have you found locally? I believe there might be some Indian/Asian markets in Arlington if I'm not mistaken.

I was pretty stoked when I saw it on the shelf, people there probably think I'm a nut. I just hope they keep it stocked-up, but they'll at least have me as a regular customer!

What have you found locally? I believe there might be some Indian/Asian markets in Arlington if I'm not mistaken.

I have found a few goodies at the local Indian markets: Old Spice and Palmolive creams. Dettol antiseptic and bath soaps can be found locally as well as Imperial Leather Chandrika bath soaps.

Great finds. My area has a large Indian population as well. I have used OS Lime which was great. I would assume the original scent would be just as good. And the Godrej's are cheap and good. Dettol is pretty nice too if they have that.
I love the Indian Grocery stores near me. Unfortunately, their stock changes quite often. But they sometimes have the shulton OS AS too.

I figured this place would have some good stuff. I pass it by on my way to my parents' house from the airport when I go visit.

Nice work. I've been trying forever to locate Godrej in Edmonton, Alberta. We have a huge Indian population but thus far no luck. Most of these Indian grocery stores don't have websites so it requires trips to them when I have the time.

If someone in town knows, please PM me

Last edited:
Nice work. I've been trying forever to locate Godrej in Edmonton, Alberta. We have a huge Indian population but thus far no luck. Most of these Indian grocery stores don't have websites so it requires trips to them when I have the time.

If someone in town knows, please PM me

Hello Celishave,

This is off subject but saw that you wee from Edmonton. I had a chance to play the Street Performers Festival there about 5 years ago. One of my favorite touring experiences. Thanks for the mem jog!

Top Bottom