What's new

For the DFW folks.

There's a thread in the Shaving Creams forum about Nivea Sensitive shaving cream. Somebody mentioned in it that their Safeway had it on the shelf. Our version of Safeway here in DFW is Tom Thumb, so while I was out at lunch today, I stopped in one to see if they also carried it. Turns out they do! It was with all of the other Nivea stuff in the shaving section, for $3.49 a tube. This particular Tom Thumb is off of Beltline road, north of 183 in Irving, but I wouldn't be surprised if the other Tom Thumb's in the area had it. Also, for you South Texas folks, Safeway also owns Randall's, so they might have it, too.

On a more disappointing note, I also stopped by a couple of Indian markets (India Bazaar, Patel Brothers) to see if they new items in stock; both places only had Dettol Fresh. No other shaving stuff whatsoever. They used to carry Godrej, Park Avenue, Axe, and Old Spice creams, and Patel Brothers even had Old Spice aftershaves.

I picked up a few tubes of Godrej Lime and Yardley Gold at Bombay Bazaar in north Arlington (Fielder & Randol Mill) a few months ago. A huge Indo/Paki supermarket is about to open in south Arlington at Matlock and Green Oaks. I'm hoping for a better selection there.

There's a thread in the Shaving Creams forum about Nivea Sensitive shaving cream. Somebody mentioned in it that their Safeway had it on the shelf. Our version of Safeway here in DFW is Tom Thumb, so while I was out at lunch today, I stopped in one to see if they also carried it. Turns out they do! It was with all of the other Nivea stuff in the shaving section, for $3.49 a tube. This particular Tom Thumb is off of Beltline road, north of 183 in Irving, but I wouldn't be surprised if the other Tom Thumb's in the area had it. Also, for you South Texas folks, Safeway also owns Randall's, so they might have it, too.

On a more disappointing note, I also stopped by a couple of Indian markets (India Bazaar, Patel Brothers) to see if they new items in stock; both places only had Dettol Fresh. No other shaving stuff whatsoever. They used to carry Godrej, Park Avenue, Axe, and Old Spice creams, and Patel Brothers even had Old Spice aftershaves.

Darn! I really enjoyed Godrej Menthol Mist - That was an awesome cream for superlathering as I enjoyed the frozen face quality it added.

I picked up a few tubes of Godrej Lime and Yardley Gold at Bombay Bazaar in north Arlington (Fielder & Randol Mill) a few months ago. A huge Indo/Paki supermarket is about to open in south Arlington at Matlock and Green Oaks. I'm hoping for a better selection there.

I'm going to have to check out Bombay Bazaar, as I've been wanting to try Yardley. I remember you mentioning that new Indo/Paki megastore in another thread, I'll have to check it out once it opens.

How's that nivea shaving cream?

there's a tom thumb 3 minutes away from me, and i've seen it on the shelves. I just haven't picked it up because i still a few creams i need to go through.

Sooooo.......Can i safely assume that the people camping next to me waiting for that megastore to open will be you guys?

:)

How's that nivea shaving cream?

there's a tom thumb 3 minutes away from me, and i've seen it on the shelves. I just haven't picked it up because i still a few creams i need to go through.

I used it yesterday and thought it was pretty good. Seemed to give pretty good protection and glide. I bowl lathered it, and got more than enough for three passes using an almond-sized amount.

Top Bottom