What's new

Indian Shave Items in DFW

I've done some recon near my office, and here's what I've turned-up:

India Baazar, one in south Irving (north side of 183 at O'Connor), and another in Valley Ranch (MacArthur & Valley Ranch Pkwy. South). They have as follows: Godrej creams at $1.99 a tube (Menthol Mist, Rich Foam, and Lime), Dettol Cool, Yardley, and Palmolive Lime creams. I've also found Shulton Old Spice creams, in Original and Lime at the Valley Ranch store. They have Topaz stainless DE blades in both stores (yuck), and I could have sworn I saw some 7 O'Clock blacks behind the register at the Valley Ranch store. They also have cheap alum blocks. There is also a store in Richardson, for those of you on that side of the metroplex, along with quite a few other Indo-Pak stores that might have hidden treasures. I don't live or work near that side of town, so I haven't done any exploring over there.

Patel Brothers, on West Rochelle between O'Connor and MacArthur. They had Godrej creams (Menthol Mist and Rich Foam), Dettol Cool, Old Spice cream (Original and Lime). They also had bottles of Old Spice AS, in Original and Musk. No DE blades that I could find.

I was hoping one of those places might have some Supermax blades, I'm really wanting to try a few varieties of those. Also, I'd really like to find a Turkish grocer in the area, with hopes that they might have Permasharp blades and some Arko stuff.

better prices than in Calif...one guy here has Godrej at $4.99 !!

It varies from store to store around here. Patel Bros. had the Godrej creams priced at $3.99 each.

Oh, I forgot to mention this in my previous post, but they also had some tubes of Axe shaving cream in a scent they called "Denim". I never thought Axe would have a lather shaving cream, but its obviously meant for the Indian market. I might pick up a tube next time I'm there.

In Richardson there is "Bollywood Grocery" at Beltline and US75, on the north-west side of that intersection, right next to the tall water tower. They've had cheap alum blocks in the past, for around $2.

Many thanks for the recon. I also work in the Las Colinas area so I will definitely check these places out.

I have tried every cream they sell at http://www.desistores.net ,and have not found any duds.Desi is a good place to see what's available from the Indian shave market.They also have blades,landfill razors,and a fantastic selection of talc,featuring Yardley.Use to be dirt cheap,even with shipping,but shipping prices are way up worldwide.Desi's search bar is erratic...punch up shaving ,then shaving cream...old spice,etc etc...sometimes a product will show up under one search term,and not another. IE: Palmolive creams do not show up on the regular list of "shaving" ,but enter "Palmolive" in the search bar,and it magically appears ! I have ordered from them several times with no problems...

Last edited:
Another thanks to the OP for this info. I visited the India Bazaar on MacArthur/Valley Ranch. I bought a tube of Godrej Lime, Godrej Menthol Mist, and Palmolive for $2.99 each. I can also confirm the availability of an alum block for $1.75 a bar.

Another thanks to the OP for this info. I visited the India Bazaar on MacArthur/Valley Ranch. I bought a tube of Godrej Lime, Godrej Menthol Mist, and Palmolive for $2.99 each. I can also confirm the availability of an alum block for $1.75 a bar.

Good deal! If we frequent these places, they'll keep the shelves stocked with these items.

Sounds like rather than a North Texas meet, we could do a Irving/Las Colinas meet with so many folks in our little area. I just got back from the Valley Ranch location and picked up some cream and two blocks of alum. Also 4 lbs of tumeric for $7 for a co-worker.

Sounds like rather than a North Texas meet, we could do a Irving/Las Colinas meet with so many folks in our little area. I just got back from the Valley Ranch location and picked up some cream and two blocks of alum. Also 4 lbs of tumeric for $7 for a co-worker.

Was this at Patel brothers? I missed the alum. Where is it?

I went to Patel Brothers, on West Rochelle between O'Connor and MacArthur today and bought some Old Spice shave cream but it has already past its expiration date. It smells OK. I will try it tomorrow. David

I went to Patel Brothers, on West Rochelle between O'Connor and MacArthur today and bought some Old Spice shave cream but it has already past its expiration date. It smells OK. I will try it tomorrow. David

Right on. The date codes are only suggestions.

Good deal! If we frequent these places, they'll keep the shelves stocked with these items.

You are right. One reason for expired product is , there is less demand. Very few people buy shaving products in such stores, almost all use goo these days. So if someone buy it frequently you would get a fresh stock.

Top Bottom