What's new

Some customer feedback

Rudy Vey

Shaving baby skin and turkey necks
It is always nice to hear back from a customer who had bought a brush from me. This one took quite a while to make it to the Czech Republic, was stuck somewhere for quite a while. The customer got it and has had some time now to use it, and he send me today this very nice email:

"Hi Rudy,

when I received brush from you, I knew soon that I like the Muhle knot a lot. In comparison with my Omega 46806 it splays more easily and more (Omega has got glue bump higher, so despite 60mm loft, fibers cover smaller area than my 51mm Zenith brush). When I prepare the lather in my bowl, Muhle knot creates for me nice feeling of soft pillow.

The only thing I was not sure about was the comfort of the larger handle. When I held your brush the same way as Omega (with three fingers in the thinnest part of the handle), edges of the handle were pressing to my fingers. So I spent some time trying to find way how to hold your brush without disturbing discomfort.

Fortunately I was successful and now I even prefer the handle of your brush. It is larger, so there is more solid, secure grip for my relatively large hand. Handle feels softer in my hand too, thanks to the knot (almost no pressure is needed).

Overall I see the brush from you as high quality product perfectly suited for my needs. It will serve me for many, many years for sure.

Thank you very much Rudy."

I like to read these emails!!

I have three of your brushes. One of your 2019 Manchurians, 2022 Contributors Brushes with two band bulb, and, the last one I custom ordered a 25 Muhle brush. Each brush is special, and, I am very thankful for each. If I had to rate them I would be hard pressed. Cheers.

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
It is always nice to hear back from a customer who had bought a brush from me. This one took quite a while to make it to the Czech Republic, was stuck somewhere for quite a while. The customer got it and has had some time now to use it, and he send me today this very nice email:

"Hi Rudy,

when I received brush from you, I knew soon that I like the Muhle knot a lot. In comparison with my Omega 46806 it splays more easily and more (Omega has got glue bump higher, so despite 60mm loft, fibers cover smaller area than my 51mm Zenith brush). When I prepare the lather in my bowl, Muhle knot creates for me nice feeling of soft pillow.

The only thing I was not sure about was the comfort of the larger handle. When I held your brush the same way as Omega (with three fingers in the thinnest part of the handle), edges of the handle were pressing to my fingers. So I spent some time trying to find way how to hold your brush without disturbing discomfort.

Fortunately I was successful and now I even prefer the handle of your brush. It is larger, so there is more solid, secure grip for my relatively large hand. Handle feels softer in my hand too, thanks to the knot (almost no pressure is needed).

Overall I see the brush from you as high quality product perfectly suited for my needs. It will serve me for many, many years for sure.

Thank you very much Rudy."

I like to read these emails!!

He's obviously an intelligent man with good taste!

Rudy Vey

Shaving baby skin and turkey necks
another one:
"Hi Rudy,

I can highly recommend brushes from you to others (I will probably write short review for our local forum). Custom brushes are more expensive of course, but there are people (like me) who have special needs and are happy to have this option. And on your brush I can see clearly that you are experienced brush maker 😊.

I am not sure if I am rare case, but I see most of handle shapes as more or less unergonomic. The first handle which was really comfortable for me was classic barber style handle (Zenith 507, Omega 46806). With your brush it took me some time to find comfortable grip (it is funny that there are so many ways how to hold it and use it), but fortunately there is no discomfort now and I really enjoy preparing the lather in a bowl with it.

From practical point of view most of synthetic brushes are the same for me: it is easy to prepare lather with them and apply it on my sensitive skin without irritation. But without perfect brush from you I would not enjoy the shaving so much.

Thank you very much again and have a nice weekend."

The only brushes I buy today are made from Rudy. I’ve sold off almost everything else except one Brad Sears.

If I’m not mistaken, Rudy has made 14 brushes that I have purchased from him in the last 2 years.

I think that says enough about how much I love his brushes and working with Rudy!

For the craftsmanship, essentially limitless customization options, knot types offered, ability to communicate directly with and discuss with Rudy himself, you’d be hard-pressed to find a better brush maker out there. I have 4 Rudy Vey brushes, with the 5th being the group buy still being made. They are all great performers with my 2 bog oaks being my favorites of the bunch.

I am working with Rudy now to design a special brush and he is incredibly patient and informative about what will work and what will not, and is willing to experiment with new ideas and materials. I love my bog oak and B&B Group Buy as well.

Top Bottom