What's new

so i am dumb.

Well I finally got access to a real camera, and can now shoot in raw format. What program do you guys use to edit/whatever your photos? Id be looking into something for a mac. I have a bunch of photos id like to post but they are in .NEF format and I have no idea what to do with them. Im used to film so editing your photos and all this is new to me.

Legion

Staff member
The software that came with your Nikon should have a RAW converter. Or just open it in photoshop or Lightroom and do it there. There are a whole bunch of RAW converters out there, and some work better with different types of RAW, buy if you start with Nikons or Adobe you won't go too wrong.

If you have a Mac try the built in Photos app. If your Mac is older it will be called iPhoto.

Last edited by a moderator:

cleanshaved

I’m stumped
What brand of camera did you get and did you camera come with a CD?

I'm new to DSLR camera's as well. After looking at a few options I decided to just use the software the camera came with it for the meantime, as it was free and got me going straight away. It is basic but I'm still learning, so I will master this before deciding if I need/want more.

Legion

Staff member
What brand of camera did you get and did you camera come with a CD?

I'm new to DSLR camera's as well. After looking at a few options I decided to just use the software the camera came with it for the meantime, as it was free and got me going straight away. It is basic but I'm still learning, so I will master this before deciding if I need/want more.

NEF stands for Nikon Electronic Format. The camera would have come with a convertor, but if he is borrowing it...

http://downloadcenter.nikonimglib.com/en/products/162/Capture_NX-D.html

if you can find a copy of the old capture nx that will go far. if you want to get serious you needs a program like lightroom.

Top Bottom