Loi Titanium (1)
Damp facecloth aka “shave binky”
Pre-shave: warm shower then a drop of hyaluronic acid
Lather: VDH Shave Butter
Aftershave: Aqua Velva
Post-shave: face wash with shave binky
Post-shave: Hyaluronic acid and Equate moisturizer

IMG_1428.jpeg

Tried a few different things last night. Used a drop of hyaluronic acid as part of my pre-shave routine, used VDH shave butter, and put the white/green comb of the regular el Fantasma in the salmon/orange el Fantasma Naranjal. Then I did a familiar practice of using too much pressure instead of finessing a good shave out of my light and mild razor. Surprisingly little irritation and unsurprisingly weepers. I like to think I’ll use a lighter touch and more finesse next time despite the lack of evidence I actually will.

Got just under 1.5 hours of swaying idiotically in the books last night. Was going for an hour, but was watching a cheeky murder mystery set in Cornwall. It was taped in the early 1990s and only the inferior video quality separated it from looking like it was filmed in the 1970s.

Happy shaves, everyone!

I'm really starting to appreciate the different Van der Hagen shaving fluids. They sometimes get a bad name here because they are inexpensively mass-produced instead of being hand-made in small batches by some Italian artisan using a 100-year old secret family recipe. But, they sure shave nice and the price makes it even better.

I'm really starting to appreciate the different Van der Hagen shaving fluids. They sometimes get a bad name here because they are inexpensively mass-produced instead of being hand-made in small batches by some Italian artisan using a 100-year old secret family recipe. But, they sure shave nice and the price makes it even better.
I like the VDH products because they do not cause chemically induced irritation. The affordability is a side benefit.

thombrogan

Lounging On The Isle Of Tugsley.
Tonight’s almost zippy shave
PAA el Fantasma dual plastic
Karve brass Overlander
Loi Titanium (2)

I went softer and faster with el Fantasma tonight. Comfortable and quicker, man that felt good. No weepers: even better. Then I slapped on the aftershave. Oof. Then I felt the stubble on my neck and it didn’t seem cut. Moving the blade to the Overlander and mostly reshaving my neck ate my time savings. Heckin disappointment. But I got to play with the Overlander. Probably use that or the Mamba tomorrow.

Got just over an hour of idiotically swaying in the books. Watched a shoot ‘em up instead of murder mystery. Saw a monitor lizard and a guy in a pterodactyl suit firing a sub-machine gun. Thank you, Hollywood!

Happy shaves, everyone!

Tonight’s almost zippy shave
PAA el Fantasma dual plastic
Karve brass Overlander
Loi Titanium (2)

I went softer and faster with el Fantasma tonight. Comfortable and quicker, man that felt good. No weepers: even better. Then I slapped on the aftershave. Oof. Then I felt the stubble on my neck and it didn’t seem cut. Moving the blade to the Overlander and mostly reshaving my neck ate my time savings. Heckin disappointment. But I got to play with the Overlander. Probably use that or the Mamba tomorrow.

Got just over an hour of idiotically swaying in the books. Watched a shoot ‘em up instead of murder mystery. Saw a monitor lizard and a guy in a pterodactyl suit firing a sub-machine gun. Thank you, Hollywood!

Happy shaves, everyone!
I could OD on murder mysteries. Some of my favs include: Murder She Wrote and Perry Mason.

Watch on!!!

Eric_75

Not made for these times.
I don't think I've ever heard it taken orally before... I sometimes take this stuff called OsteoHA... I don't know if they still make it... I'll take a look. Wow... Amazon sells it now... and sure enough, it has Hyaluronic acid in it. The stuff really works.

When I tore my MTP joint Hyaluronic Acid, MSM and Bromelain really helped. Turf Toe sucks.

thombrogan

Are you going to rub that on you epidermis?

Absolutely! Probably a very overpriced alternative to glycerin or silicone oil if used that way, but I’ve been doing that.

If I could safely inject it into scar tissue plaques in the privacy of my own bathroom, I’d do that, too.

I could OD on murder mysteries. Some of my favs include: Murder She Wrote and Perry Mason.

Murder She Wrote has the added bonuses of Angela Lansbury and they gave firearms to Tom Bosley. Happy Days would’ve been so much smoother if Mr. Cunningham had a gun.

thombrogan

Last night’s almost zippy shave
Karve brass Overlander with PAA el Fantasma Naranja handle
Loi Titanium (3)
Pre-shave: VDH Shave Butter with water left on for a few minutes
Post-shave: warm shower
Post-shave: mentholated Equate moisturizer

Without a shower and a very hydrated lather, a Loi keeps its smoothness and loses its kinship with the Overlander. Shapes plans for next shave, but I finished that tuck of Loi and have an open tuck of Bolzanos that is feeding the next bout.

Got maybe 40 minutes of idiotically swaying accomplished last night. Will see if my other foolishnesses can be done without excessive self harm.

Happy shaves, everyone!

thombrogan

Last night’s excellent shave
Karve brass Overlander on PAA el Fantasma Naranja handle
Egyptian Bolzano (1)
AP ShaveCo Dinosaur G5C 28mm synthetic brush
Lather: ARKO!, bowl-loaded; face-lathered
Post-shave: body wash with shave binky
Post-shave: hyaluronic acid and Equate moisturizer

A fresh, possibly sharper blade probably helped. Showering before shaving definitely helped. So did using a little more soap and a lot more water than usual (also helped lather drip all over the place…). The hyaluronic acid or its tag-along ingredients made my skin slicker, but I couldn’t tell if that survived that lathering.

What I could tell was the shave was glorious. The bead-blasted head of the Overlander glided effortlessly over the lather letting the blade trim every whiskers in its path. Not all were cut as close as I wanted, but there’s next time for that. It’s a joy to use for solely ATG shaving.

Wifey made focaccia bread and snickerdoodles yesterday. My tastebuds don’t know what to do with themselves. #Blessed

Happy shaves, everyone!

thombrogan

Last night’s leisurely shave
Egyptian Bolzano (2)

In an Overlander head guided by my hands, the relatively expensive Bolzano loses most of its cutting goodness on the first shave. The second shave was comfortable, but it took a lot of repetition to get close enough to stop. So one and done for me with those blades in that razor. Good thing I bought a hundred. Might get up to three close, comfortable shaves by the last tuck. This morning, it feels like a little razor burn from ardently chasing sub-jawline stragglers, so one-and-done reinforced.

Happy shaves, everyone!

Last night’s leisurely shave
Egyptian Bolzano (2)

In an Overlander head guided by my hands, the relatively expensive Bolzano loses most of its cutting goodness on the first shave. The second shave was comfortable, but it took a lot of repetition to get close enough to stop. So one and done for me with those blades in that razor. Good thing I bought a hundred. Might get up to three close, comfortable shaves by the last tuck. This morning, it feels like a little razor burn from ardently chasing sub-jawline stragglers, so one-and-done reinforced.

Happy shaves, everyone!
I found the Bolzano to be acceptable, but not as good as the Egyptian-made Lords and Sharks. I'd assume they are made in the same factory unless Egypt has more than one blade manufacturing facility.

Top Bottom