Schick Proline P-series (3)
Damp facecloth aka “shave binky”
AP ShaveCo Dinosaur G5C 28mm synthetic brush
Pre-shave: warm shower
Lather: ARKO!, bowl-loaded, face-lathered
Aftershave: Ulm Nom
Post-shave: face wash with shave binky
Post-shave: Equate moisturizer

Went a little bit steeper and the shave was a little faster and closer. Got some weepers and slightly scuffed my upper lip under my left nostril, so there’s room for improvement. Probably going to WTG on my upper lip next few times.

Since it was Mar10, random parts or the day involved making noises like a famous plumber from video games.

Happy shaves, everyone!

I've never had one either.
I've had pressure cookers and now I have an InstaPot. It is excellent and truly versatile. Pressure or slow cook it's up to you.
Handy, handy and very handy. As is my air fryer.
200w-13.gif

I'll keep an open mind, Don. I hope your day in unfolding well, sir. :)
I love the term "unfolding" as far as referencing the days progression etc. It reminds me of unwrapping gifts, opening a letter or note etc all in the unknown progression of events. Of course there's always the flip side where you'd like to change the direction of said events but that's just part of what makes life worth waking up to.
9bcf90955632ea8627ede8b8820e9d3f_w200.gif

thombrogan

Lounging On The Isle Of Tugsley.
FFFMM

Tonight‘s gliding shave
RazoRock Hawk V3OC
Schick Proline P-series (4)

I‘m not Alaskan, but the grip on my razor had some anchorage this shave. With the end of the RazoRock HD’s handle gripped by my fingertips or pressed into my palm, the razor’s cap glided over ARKO! and gently castigated my demon whiskers back to the infernal depths from which they treacherously slithered forth. And when that didn’t work, I changed the angle and lightened my touch until I was mostly unstubbled. Although all my shaves take way too long, this didn’t take much longer than the others. Can’t wait to apply all this distal/proximal/anchoring foolishness to a neutral angle and have at it again next time.

Had the day off, so I got to participate in all kinds of scary driving. I didn’t know the president was visiting our fair state, but we noticed state police vehicles out in abundance. One of my doctors was mentoring a colleague and she provided Wifey and me with medical information our previous and current doctor couldn’t be bothered to tell us. 🤬 I say. The upside is there should be a lot less visits to parts of Boston I don’t want to visit.

Happy shaves, everyone!

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
FFFMM

Tonight‘s gliding shave
RazoRock Hawk V3OC
Schick Proline P-series (4)

I‘m not Alaskan, but the grip on my razor had some anchorage this shave. With the end of the RazoRock HD’s handle gripped by my fingertips or pressed into my palm, the razor’s cap glided over ARKO! and gently castigated my demon whiskers back to the infernal depths from which they treacherously slithered forth. And when that didn’t work, I changed the angle and lightened my touch until I was mostly unstubbled. Although all my shaves take way too long, this didn’t take much longer than the others. Can’t wait to apply all this distal/proximal/anchoring foolishness to a neutral angle and have at it again next time.

Had the day off, so I got to participate in all kinds of scary driving. I didn’t know the president was visiting our fair state, but we noticed state police vehicles out in abundance. One of my doctors was mentoring a colleague and she provided Wifey and me with medical information our previous and current doctor couldn’t be bothered to tell us. 🤬 I say. The upside is there should be a lot less visits to parts of Boston I don’t want to visit.

Happy shaves, everyone!
Boston traffic is ummmmm special. I've driven there many times and it's always a competition. In my view, the worst traffic in the States is in California... the most aggressive drivers? Boston, no doubt in my mind... The worst drivers might all live in Florida. <eg>

thombrogan

FFFMM

Last night‘s shave
RazoRock Hawk V3OC
Schick Proline P-series (5)

Sometimes, my brain clicks well with this razor and sometimes there’s this month. Anchoring the handle with a neutral blade presentation – the bladiest way – was too much for my brain. As the comb reminds me of the teeth on characters from Aardman Studios, I’ll persist for now. The razor is excellent at any angle, but not always for me at any given time.

Went to bed nearly on time last night and fairly busy today, hence the late report. Yes, hence.

Happy shaves, everyone!

thombrogan

FFFMM

This afternoon‘s redemptive shave
RazoRock Hawk V3OC
Schick Proline P-series (6)
Pre-shave: no
Aftershave: Aqua Velva

Rode the cap so shallow I barely felt anything except the stragglers being cut. So-so closeness, excellent comfort. I’m going to do it again.

Happy shaves, everyone!

FFFMM

This afternoon‘s redemptive shave
RazoRock Hawk V3OC
Schick Proline P-series (6)
Pre-shave: no
Aftershave: Aqua Velva

Rode the cap so shallow I barely felt anything except the stragglers being cut. So-so closeness, excellent comfort. I’m going to do it again.

Happy shaves, everyone!
I find myself riding the cap more upon my return to the DE razors than I recall before I started the straights. I feel I am getting a closer, more comfortable shave this way,

thombrogan

I feel I am getting a closer, more comfortable shave this way,

Nice! There are times when it clicks with the rotisserarie chimken in my skull and times when it feels like The Devil and I’m glad I keep “SASA” in my signature line.

Did you know it takes only one comment from one’s spouse about red dots on the pillowcase and a question of “are you trying that new shaving technique again?” to get a razor to work gently?

@Jayson74 had the right idea in using his aluminum Karve Overlander for the Fixed Four. I want to use his aluminum Karve Overlander in next year’s Fixed Four if I don’t buy my own.

Nice! There are times when it clicks with the rotisserarie chimken in my skull and times when it feels like The Devil and I’m glad I keep “SASA” in my signature line.

Did you know it takes only one comment from one’s spouse about red dots on the pillowcase and a question of “are you trying that new shaving technique again?” to get a razor to work gently?

@Jayson74 had the right idea in using his aluminum Karve Overlander for the Fixed Four. I want to use his aluminum Karve Overlander in next year’s Fixed Four if I don’t buy my own.
I lucked out when I tried the Overlander for sure!
I have a brass as well but much prefer the lightness of the aluminum.

thombrogan

FFFMM

Tonight’s awesome shave
RazoRock Hawk V3OC
Schick Proline P-series (7)

The lather slick, the handle anchored to my hand, the cap against my skin. It was a smooth, comfortable shave that was closer than yesterday’s and one upper lip red dot away from being just as comfortable. No aftershave sting. Some stragglers on throat, but they should fear next time.

We had Dutch Apple Pie for Pi day. And some flavor of White Claw. I enjoyed the pie. Two slices was too much, but I would’ve had 1.14 more slices if they were there.

Happy shaves, everyone!

Top Bottom