Schick Proline P-series (10)
Damp facecloth aka “shave binky”
AP ShaveCo Dinosaur G5C 28mm synthetic brush
Pre-shave: warm shower
Lather: ARKO!, bowl-loaded, face-lathered
Aftershave: Ulm Nom
Post-shave: face wash with shave binky
Post-shave: Equate moisturizer

Wiped the edge of my wee Proline blade on my shave towel before showering and the razor felt smoother in use tonight. A slick lather and light touch got a lot of smooth shaving from the setup of the month.

My calisthenics of the day were a few sumō/shiko leg lifts and a lot of slow motion side kicks. The Rockettes need not ever fear my eclipsing their skills.

Happy shaves, everyone!

thombrogan

Lounging On The Isle Of Tugsley.
FFFMM

Tonight‘s gliding shave
RazoRock Hawk V3OC
Schick Proline P-series (11)
Post-shave: Equate moisturizer

The blade in my whisker snipper toddled as though on clouds as it skimmed across a placid lather of ARKO! Unfortunately, the blade dulled so my tougher-to-shave areas needed extra visits. My aftershave said I overdid the pressure. A fresh Proline P-series blade awaits the next shave.

Before dragging my shoddily animated carcass to the bathroom, I had my constitutionals in the form of fifty pairs of sumō/shiko leg lifts followed by some slow-motion swaying that had my legs shuttering. Also, my hair look like this:

IMG_1430.jpeg

Happy shaves, everyone!

Last edited:

thombrogan

I didn’t correctly guess my favorite clickbait which today was about differentiating yellow warblers from American goldfinches.

My guess was yellow warblers actively want me to burn in Gehenna and American goldfinches look to slip “that’s what she said” in conversations with other bird species.

What the mainstream, corporatist media insists are that yellow warblers have very little superficial sexual dimorphism while American goldfinches have both the stereotypical superficial sexual dimorphism seen in many bird species and the genetically female goldfinches have superfly patterns on their feathers despite not being as vibrantly colored as genetically male goldfinches.

The goldfinches have these striking patterns because they are American patriots through and through, but that was not mentioned in the link. The writers of the avian/botanical media insist on sticking to facts instead of babbling mindlessly like other media sources or me. Scaredy-cats!

I didn’t correctly guess my favorite clickbait which today was about differentiating yellow warblers from American goldfinches.

My guess was yellow warblers actively want me to burn in Gehenna and American goldfinches look to slip “that’s what she said” in conversations with other bird species.

What the mainstream, corporatist media insists are that yellow warblers have very little superficial sexual dimorphism while American goldfinches have both the stereotypical superficial sexual dimorphism seen in many bird species and the genetically female goldfinches have superfly patterns on their feathers despite not being as vibrantly colored as genetically male goldfinches.

The goldfinches have these striking patterns because they are American patriots through and through, but that was not mentioned in the link. The writers of the avian/botanical media insist on sticking to facts instead of babbling mindlessly like other media sources or me. Scaredy-cats!
That’s cool your a birder @thombrogan how long have you been into that hobby?

thombrogan

Inherited it from my Bride and our Wee Scientist, @JKaboom

They’ve always liked animals so we’ve always fed squirrels and birds. When I ordered a subscription to Birds and Blooms for our kid, the company starting emailing me with daily collections of articles. They have a good mix of thinly veiled advertisements and trivia I pursue.

And now I’m hooked on YouTube channels such as Casual Geographic, Clint’s Reptiles, and The Octopus Lady.

We have tons of birds around here and I doubt I could do them justice. Some day, the crows will be our homies and we’ll hang out and listen to King Crimson by the suet holder.

Last edited:

thombrogan

FFFMM

Tonight‘s gliding shave
RazoRock Hawk V3OC
Schick Proline P-series (1)
Post-shave: Shea butter

New blade shave! Addictive! Switched from Walmart moisturizer to fractionated Shea butter. Will see how that works.

Happy shaves, everyone!

Hey Thom why don’t you load the Merlin Phone app.

It will identify all birds by their sounds. It is an excellent app and a lot of fun to use. I have sixty-four birds identified on my life list. I’m not a birder or serious observer. I use it when on my front patio or rear deck. You can also manually enter birds by identification.

thombrogan

FFFMM

Tonight‘s gliding shave
RazoRock Hawk V3OC
Schick Proline P-series (2)
Post-shave: Shea butter

The shave felt smooth, controlled, and gentle while it happened, but I feel like I overdid it a few moments later. Suggests I’m holding the handle too loosely and letting the edge bounce into my skin as it melts my stubble away. I hear there will be a next time and I‘ll be there.

We’re trying a Rio Instant Pot. It’s slow-cooker function and its rice-cooker function work well and a delicious pork roast was enjoyed.

We saw the movie “Damsel” on Netflix. Dragons, swords, and bioluminescent slugs dressed up a story of action and adventure.

Happy shaves, everyone!

Unlike the bioluminescent slugs, the Instapot was evaluated to be too tedious and fiddly.
Some folks swear by them. I’m just not tuned in.
We are one of only a handful of households in the States without an Instapot.... Somehow, we soldier on...
@Phoenixkh Somehow I never bought into this fad. I have 2 Japanese made crock pots that I like.
Our trial is back at Walmart and I bought the wrong replacement
The product quality these days is hit or miss. Trending toward miss.

Cheers

Top Bottom