What's new

Single Edge Razor Acquisition Thread.

Nice pair! There's something about the Parade GEM - a handle ought not make such a difference, but it seems to with the Parade. Decent featherweight, too. Gently massage it with some WD-40 and your fingers to get a little more shine onto it - not too heavy or you can risk removing the gold.

$unnamed (6).jpg$unnamed (5).jpg$unnamed (4).jpg

Here are some pictures of the Weck razor. Much wider than the standard SE. 1st shave using the Diane shaper blade was good, I was surprised because it didn't feel like it was cutting. The razor is mild yet effective. BBS for sure. A person would have to really try to get nicked by this shaver it covers a lot of real estate with each pass. No moving parts either just slide the blade in from the side. I love the handle design, easy to hold.:thumbup1:

The RAD bug bit me again.
It's in good enough condition to use, most of the plating has been rubbed off though. Still it cleaned up nicely and will get used in the morning.
before and after
$007.jpg$009.jpg

My first Gem arrived today, a 1912 with the chain-link style handle. I'd guess late 20's, early 30's and apparently unused. Or if used, used very, VERY lightly. Came in the original cardboard box. Beautiful piece of work, almost too nice to shave with. Almost. :)

$image1.jpg

$image2.jpg

$image3.jpg

Time to go shave, I think!

Last edited:
Found a Keen Kutter, unfortunately it takes special blades. After trying a few different blades, I found that it will take a single edge blade. But the blade exposure is crazy.

Any one of you guys shave with it?

Super! Have fun ... mine has now arrived in the UK, so I expect I'll be shaving with it using this method by the end of the week.

After being skunked in this city twice in the last year, I finally found a couple of razors. A MMOC and a 1912 smooth cap in the case with blade box. The insert in the case is cracked, but the razor is in excellent condition. The MMOC is pretty grungy, but I think it will clean up nice.
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php

Cheers! It's a rare one, certainly. I also have a GEM equivalent coming as well - the self-same razor, but says "GEM Safety Razor Corp" in place of Star. I shaved with it tonight and found it quite mild, certainly compared to the Ever Ready 1914 which was my previous shave. It was also a little contorted under my nose, whereas the Ever Ready can be scooped under with ease.

Lovely catch, nevertheless.

Top Bottom