What's new

Simpson recommendation

Recently purchased a Simpson Colonel that has a horrible shedding problem. That being said the vendor said they would refund my $ and allow me to purchase another brush. I'd like to hear your thoughts on the following simpson brushes: Duke, Eagle, And Chubby.

I have a thick though beard and want a semi stiff or scrubby brush to help work in the lather. Hoping a stiffer brush will help w the harder creams like QCS and assist in making a kick *** lather.

Thanks.

I'm with everyone else, I'd get a Duke 3, if it's a Simpson your after. I also had a Chubby 1, but prefer the Duke.
proxy.php

Steve

Just want to know the Duke will be scrubby enough on my though beard. I wish someone had a picture of the Eagle, Duke and Chubby together... Anyone?

Rudy made my scrubbiest brush, a 16mm TGN Finest with a loft set at 40mm pictured with the Berkeley and Wee Scot. No bloom at all, just stiff & scrubby. The scrubbiest of my Simpsons is my Berkeley, but it's smaller than the Colonel. My Duke 1 arrived today and is soaking up a test lather. I'll give it a go when the G&T's wear off and report back.

Attachments

• $RV blue wet 001.jpg
    $RV blue wet 001.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 172
I have a 'Duke 2' two-band and 'Chubby 2' best - both are quite different in terms of knot size/denseness/feel on the face (the chubby envelops my face). I prefer the 'Duke 2' for face lathering and the 'Chubby 2' for use with a bowl. There is also quite a cost difference between the two and you could get the 'Duke' and 'Eagle' for the price of a 'Chubby.'

My rec is buy a Chubby2 in Best or Super. They are not cheap but well worth the $ you'll spend.Great in all aspects.

Craig

I LOVE all my Simpsons but my DUKE#3 is hard not to pick up! Dont let one Bad one ruin chancing another !
Enjoy Your Shave !

Last edited:
Top Bottom