What's new

Should Traditional Wet Shavers Use Barbasol? What Say You? (Philosophical Debate)

Chandu

I Waxed The Badger.
(7) Cream turns into a goo and clogs the razor, requiring a toothpick to clean out after each pass.
What is your rinse method. Sink full of water, dip and swish? Or running water? I have no problem with 1919 or any brushless as long as I use running water. I thought 1919 was one of the better rinsers for me. Molle Brushless was probably the hardest to rinse and required warm if not hot water.

Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker

Likes a fat handle in his hand
What is your rinse method. Sink full of water, dip and swish?

Hello Chandu, thanks for chiming in! :)

My rinse method is sink full of water, dip and swish back and fourth several times, which has always worked for shave soaps.

I forgot about a previous comment in this thread, because it was months ago, let me quote it in here...

Modern Barbasol tube shaving cream is not on the top of my list, although I do occasionally use it. The problem I have with it is that it doesn't rinse off my razor easily. They don't simply rinse off . Running hot water is needed and not always available.

So as we can see, @freebird0064 who also had issues with the modern Barbasol tube shaving cream not rinsing off the razor easily. He clearly states running hot water is needed. So this is what confirms my theory, that hot water may be needed, in order to dissolve the molecular bonds in the shaving cream enough, to allow them to let go, and rinse off.

Because the cream pretty much becomes like a glue in the razor, and cold water just doesn't seem to help any, in clearing out the razor channels. I've also heard multiple reports, that Henson's V2 razors, allow for easier rinsing, through the upgraded rinse channels in the head. I'd love to have a V2 razor, but Henson doesn't do deals on their razors, nor deals for those who already own V1 razors.

In other words, I am not jumping at the chance to spend another 70+ dollars for a Henson razor that has the upgraded design lol. But, still would be an interesting bit of science for me to test one though if I did have one.

Barbasol is popular, and is one of a few SHAVING FOAM on market today. Was - Mart even does a Copy Kat Brand. Remember the Old Berma Shave Signs along road of America.

Run out of Shaving Soap? Use your Shaving Brush or most bars soaps, it will do trick in pinch.

Should they use it? Meh...why not?

I'll heartily agree with a bunch of other folks who suggested to use whatever does the business and disregard notions of 'should' or 'should not'.

IMHO, the habits and/or preferences of experienced wet-shavers should be regarded as starting points not divine commandments.

Personally, I have a strong preference for traditional soap but have sucessfully used various kinds of goo throughout my shaving experience dating back to the mid-80s. It's not my first choice but if is for you...fantastic!

Top Bottom