What's new

Should i shave my goatee?

1000007895.jpg

Tough call, I have been there and mine was almost twice as long! I want to say shave the moustache or shave the goatee, but I have been there too and the result is that just the goatee gets the wrong kind of comments. It might work for you though, maybe a neat trimmed moustache? Or maybe a Van Dyke with a nicely shaped shaped moustache and just the long chin hair?

I am in the trim it back camp. It doesn't look bad on you. I tried a goatee once and I found I can either grow a full beard or have just a mustache. If you can do it and like it, keep it.

Yes, I think so. My vote would be to shave it. I feel most would answer the same way as this is a place where most are dedicated to the process of removing facial hair. 🤭

I think you would look much younger with it shaved off also. Or if you are reluctant, I suppose you could go to a good barber and get it neatly trimmed and then decide. However, I find any time I do that I end up shaving everything off a week or so later anyways.

I had a full beard up until a few months ago and now I'm shaving daily. We certainly get accustomed to having a beard and once we shave it off it can take some getting used to for a little while.. in fact, at first I wondered had I made a mistake by shaving mine off.. but I now feel I made the right choice. After all it grows back.

Good luck with whatever you do decide! If you do decide to shave it off please post update so we can see the difference it makes!

I can't tell for sure without seeing your chin, but you seem to have an oval shaped face.

I would trim the goatee down, and let your beard and hair grow out another half inch.

Top Bottom