What's new

Removing a Full Goatee

I am thinking about getting rid of my goatee & mustache which I have worn since the pandemic and shutdown. What is the best way to do this with comfort? Do I just go at it normally with my DE safety razor? I don't want to overthink it, but I also don't want to deal with a week of razor burn and an irritated face.

Grab a razor (of your choice) and have at it. I did the same thing the other night with a full beard - some of it dry and it wasn't even a fresh blade. Sure it'll clog and be slow going but deal with it. It'll take but a little while. You're over thinking it.

I don't have a straight razor, so I have used a trimmer to get it down to a stubble and then used a DE to finish it off.

Make sure to use witch hazel to tone down irritation and good balm. Here's a recipe for a good WH concoction that has worked really well for me:

I don't have a straight razor, so I have used a trimmer to get it down to a stubble and then used a DE to finish it off.

Make sure to use witch hazel to tone down irritation and good balm. Here's a recipe for a good WH concoction that has worked really well for me:

No offense to neck shavers out there. I generally find it hard to take their advise seriously

I am thinking about getting rid of my goatee & mustache which I have worn since the pandemic and shutdown. What is the best way to do this with comfort? Do I just go at it normally with my DE safety razor? I don't want to overthink it, but I also don't want to deal with a week of razor burn and an irritated face.

It's different if you had a full beard to shave. Just trim with scissors. Then shave using whatever razor you have available. No big deal, there isn't really that much area to shave. You will be done in less than five minutes.

It's different if you had a full beard to shave. Just trim with scissors. Then shave using whatever razor you have available. No big deal, there isn't really that much area to shave. You will be done in less than five minutes.

Well, I am happy to report that I just went for it. No hair clippers or scissors. Just patience and time with a good razor blade (UK London Bridge). It worked out well. My first shave on a "naked" face with an ASCO Orange... well, that's a different story.

Thanks to everyone for their advice.

Top Bottom