What's new

Shaving Cream Acquisitions

When ya go to Vegas, you take your chances and roll the dice...

So during a biannual shopping trip to the law enforcement supply in Las Vegas, I hit google maps and walla! Two Indian Grocerys within 5 miles. I asked the wife and she said, "Sure, let's give it a shot". Behold my winnings!!! 6 tubes of Godrej Lime and 4 of the Rich Lather!

image.jpeg

I recently bought a tub of TOBS Sandalwood, and my wife didn't care for the after scent. I got a few TOBS samples from Maggard and decided on the Jermyn Street. My wife ordered me a tub of it from Amazon for a surprise. When it came in, the tub was obviously pre-opened and had a scoop taken out. I complained to the zon and they sent me a new unopened container, which I got yesterday. After about a week of Jermyn Street only, I can say that it's not quite as slick as I'd like but I love the scent and am working on getting it slicker when I lather.

Body Shop Maca Root arrived today - it's mentioned so much on B&B that curiosity got the best of me! Oh yeah, and that AD thing...

What is up with the Indian grocery stores? Are creams big in India or something?

Yeah, cream and brush is still pretty popular.

You can find Indian Grocery stores in almost any decent sized US city. You can usually find the creams I did, plus I saw Godrej Menthol and another menthol cream called Park Avenue, iirc.(Unfortunately I got a minor chemical burn/allergic reaction with a menthol cream so now I won't touch them) Sometimes you can also find the Godrej soap pucks. Plus I enjoy trying to find things locally rather than ordering online, more fun. And hunting in an Indian grocery can be fun, nothing is organized like a normal grocery store, things are stuffed everywhere so it's like hide and seek!

Received a tub of Stone Cottage Suede de Kashmir in the bingle exchange which is fantastic in both performance and scent.

Also just picked up a tub of L'Occitane Cade which produces some of the thickest creamiest lather of any product I've used. Post shave is top notch and I like the scent.
Bleu de Chanel shave cream I like the scent and that's about it.

My first shipment of Taylor of Old Bond Street samples arrived yesterday. I received the following:

Peppermint
Coconut
Rose
Eton College
Mr. Taylor
Lavender
Lemon Lime
St. James

I've been using Proraso, and have been satisfied, but was intrigued by the sheer diversity of scents TOBS has to offer. I've only tried Mr. Taylor so far, but was immediately impressed by the fragrance and the quick lather. If the rest of them are half as good, I may be converted.

My first shipment of Taylor of Old Bond Street samples arrived yesterday. I received the following:

Peppermint
Coconut
Rose
Eton College
Mr. Taylor
Lavender
Lemon Lime
St. James

I've been using Proraso, and have been satisfied, but was intrigued by the sheer diversity of scents TOBS has to offer. I've only tried Mr. Taylor so far, but was immediately impressed by the fragrance and the quick lather. If the rest of them are half as good, I may be converted.

I think you will like the TOBS creams. Of the ones you list I have only tried Eton College, Lemon & Lime. I'll be curious to know what you think of the ones you got. I may have to add some more to my collection. :001_302:

Top Bottom