What's new

shave bowls

lots of brushes and razors to choose from, but there does'nt seem to be a lot of choice when it comes to shaving bowls of a decent size,plenty of the mass produced ones on the various sales sites, but not ones that particularly appeal to me, i like some i see on Etsy, in fact i bought my black hand made one from Etsy, and i have another that i really like saved in my basket, have any of you guys got any good shaving bowls(not from the mass produced range) but something unusual and different 🤔
I was wondering if that can dmg the brush because the inside looks rough.?

I was wondering if that can dmg the brush because the inside looks rough.?
so far so good,ive been using mines a few weeks now,because of the rotation i dont think I've used the same brush twice yet though,but the(dont know what to call it)textured interior ?,doesnt seem too sharp that it would cause any brush damage though,only time will tell🤔

Last edited:
Two worthy of posting. Both are, like bluesparkuk's, from Steve Woodhead on Etsy. One is a bowl and the other is a scuttle utilizing the same suribachi design. Both work wonderfully. Here they both pictured in recent SOTDs.
although there are a couple from USA that i like the postage makes them very expensive, the grey one i'm waiting on is from Latvia the post was reasonable for that one, and the Steve woodhead ones the post is reasonable and the bowls themselves are great value and quality, so the best option👍🏼

although there are a couple from USA that i like the postage makes them very expensive, the grey one i'm waiting on is from Latvia the post was reasonable for that one, and the Steve woodhead ones the post is reasonable and the bowls themselves are great value and quality, so the best option👍🏼
I’ve liked them, yes. I’m curious: what are the bowls in the US do you like?

Attachments

• il_794xN.1906250533_hevf (1).jpg
    il_794xN.1906250533_hevf (1).jpg
    43 KB · Views: 54
  • il_794xN.1324499186_6apw.jpg
    il_794xN.1324499186_6apw.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 56
  • il_794xN.1730714847_jxsq.jpg
    il_794xN.1730714847_jxsq.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 54
I am using the larger Viking Chairman stainless steel bowl. It has a textured surface both inside and out. It seems to help with creating a lather more quickly as well keeping it from slipping from lather coated hands. It won't break and matches my Rockwell 6S. I used it with cream when I first got it and the brush handle beat against the sides making a clanging sound. Once I put my D.R. Harris soap puck into the bowl it was perfect. If you prefer to use cream get the smaller size bowl.

Attachments

• IMG_0896 (1).JPG
    IMG_0896 (1).JPG
    45.6 KB · Views: 54
the ivory Suribachi from Steve Woodhead arrived today👍🏼

Attachments

• DSC_0092.JPG
    DSC_0092.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 36
  • DSC_0093.JPG
    DSC_0093.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 35
I own several bowls but the only one I use now is the Captains Choice heavy copper bowl. To my mind it's perfect, wide enough so no clanking handle, not too deep with a slight waist so the lather doesn't spill over. Unbreakable which is a huge plus, I've broken two ceramic ones! View attachment 1167105
Captains Choice is the perfect bowl for me. It's the right size for my hand, it's the perfect depth (Timeless is too deep), and the ridges whip up lather in seconds.

Top Bottom