What's new

Senshi's Japanese Pipe TobaccOdyssey

Eating my last meal in my apartment. Landlord is about to come and collect the keys.

And all I can think about is the Bun Bun...

Eating my last meal in my apartment. Landlord is about to come and collect the keys.

And all I can think about is the Bun Bun...

But you are still in the land of prolific Bun Bun! You just can't take it home with you. Celebrate the good times you have had with your Bun Bun. Relish in the Bun Bun for the next two weeks.

Plus, you will always come back. You have family there now.

Haha Bun Bun in front of Akina will turn into Boom Boom and I'll be dead.

Just when I though it was over I met up with smoking pipes.com's "Man in Japan", Ryota Shimizu. He's responsible for all Japanese customers and translations on the site and for Sykes at pipe shows.

I've met him a few times at the shows and we met up for pipes and drinks. What a cool guy. He also has some amazing pipes, including an Adam Davidson "Loraine". It was a lot of fun and I'll be adding it to all the great memories I've had here with pipe smoking friends.

Hello all. It's been a while hasn't it.

As some of you know, I'm back in Japan to see my wife. The visa process has been exhausting but it's nice to finally see her.

I have some terrible news though. I'm sure many of you remember me meeting up with Kuwahara-San. The pipe maker from Kanagawa that I befriended. He passed away on the 27th of December. I was just talking to him on the 24th about coming to Japan and meeting up. He was such an easy to get along with person and he made some beautiful pipes. I feel fortunate having met him and he will not be forgotten.

$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1451443880.084248.jpg

I was looking forward to seeing hot bun-bun action...:crying:

Sorry to hear about your friend, Andrew. Always a shame when we lose a true artisan.

Andrew, sorry to hear of the loss of your friend. Hoping things move smoothly and quickly for you and Akina to be together in the US.

Death sucks for the living. I am sorry, Andrew. It is good that you are there to pay your last respects to your friend.

I hope and pray you have a safe and uneventful trip home, and Akina can join you shortly.

​Sorry Andrew , I know ; I lost a friend this past January , we'd been close friends since babies . He still called , and cared , was kind , understanding , and loved . I miss him . A true friend ... .

Top Bottom