What's new

SE like a BIC Metal?

Definitely not a Vector. Rough, bitey thing. Brrrrrr.

The Atelier Durdan La Faulx with the standard ‘classique’ plate is pretty close to the feel of the Bic Metal. Obviously much heavier than the Bic plastic, but the way the head and blade feel are very similar to me.

I haven’t used a Bic metal, but plenty of years with a Gillette Good News, Bic Twin Select and Schick Extreme. All 2 blades, but fixed heads. The Leaf Twig is an easy transition. Plus, you can use Bic blades in it.

An injector? Can’t find one if so… I used the supply injector and it’s not nearly as precise as the bic metal when edging.

The M series are vintage Schicks from the 1960s, IIRC. Fairly light in weight. Really any of the classic Schicks is probably the closest thing. The G series is one of the more user-friendly models. Here is a thread on those:

Last edited:
Definitely not a Vector. Rough, bitey thing. Brrrrrr.

The Atelier Durdan La Faulx with the standard ‘classique’ plate is pretty close to the feel of the Bic Metal. Obviously much heavier than the Bic plastic, but the way the head and blade feel are very similar to me.
It’s a really steep price for me at the moment for that razor…

Last edited:
The M series are vintage Schicks from the 1960s, IIRC. Fairly light in weight. Really any of the classic Schicks is probably the closest thing. The G series is one of the more user-friendly models. Here is a thread on those:

I went down a rabbit hole and now really want a Schick O clone. They seem impossible to get.

Chandu

I Waxed The Badger.
I think you need a Schick Injector. Model E, L, M, N or O

The current Supply Injector with the open comb is very smooth, but it's not svelte like the real injectors ere.

I like a lot the Bic Metal and let me tell you that if someone in the beginning starts using them, it would be hard to justify buying a De/Se razor next.

Apart of all suggestion given which are great, I would suggest you to consider a Yaqi Ac head, the excalibur one (around 10 usd) plus an handle and using the KAI ac Protouch blade/ Feather Proguard.

These two have been my razors in the last two month.

My last consideration would be get a Schick Adjustable M with yellow schick blades.

EclipseRedRing

I smell like a Christmas pudding
The razor I own which is most like the Bic Metal is not an SE at all. In terms of the balance, and feel in the hand, then for me it is my 1970 Tech shown below. It is specifically the lightweight, long black plastic handle which makes this Tech more like the Bic Metal than it is like any other Tech I have tried.

20231030_160613~2.jpg

So far the other se’s I have tried are not anything like a big metal for those who search. I will continue to update as I go but a Schick injector is not as intuitive, a leaf twig is closest , but far more aggressive.

The razor I own which is most like the Bic Metal is not an SE at all. In terms of the balance, and feel in the hand, then for me it is my 1970 Tech shown below. It is specifically the lightweight, long black plastic handle which makes this Tech more like the Bic Metal than it is like any other Tech I have tried.

View attachment 1740836
I’ll see if I come across one , but so far, no luck.

Top Bottom