What's new

Scents you'd like to see

Hmmm...now what would be good for this?

I vote for Guinness. And maybe something like "vintage car" or "Piper Cub" - the latter being a scent of oil, fabric, av-gas, grass and wood.:w00t:

Victory. I want a shaving soap that smells like victory. I guess mustard gas is an option, but preferably something that wouldn't burn so badly:001_rolle.

A shaving soap that smells like fresh cut lumber would be nice! Maybe a blend of a few different types of lumber so there's a little bit of everything in it :biggrin:.

Napalm has a weird gasoline smell, if I understand it. And that smells like victory, doesn't it?

[YOUTUBE]bPXVGQnJm0w[/YOUTUBE]

Doesn't Pre de Provence smell like sage?

I always hear that PdP smells like sage. If it does smell like sage, it's really subtle. I'm used to the smell of sage when I'm cooking with it, and PdP only smells like the kind of soap you find in a hotel. A nice, clean smell, but not overpoweringly sage.

The shave den soap offers a few of the scents some of you are mentioning. I've not tried them all, but they are there. The one I've tried so far is good!

From what I've seen mentioned, they have:

-Aqua velva
-Sage
-Coffee (they call it coffee but scent description says it smells just like freshly brewed coffee). Doesn't say freshly ground, but someone would have to smell it to know for sure! It's EO based at any rate.

They also have a few other scents that are out of the ordinary. I tried the Mojito and I LOVE it. Probably my favorite smelling soap that I own. They come in an awesome container too, it has like a little lip that catches the proto-lather.. very nice. Also, a reasonable price. I can't wait to order a couple more. It's honestly just overwhelming how many they have, heh. They even have motor oil, lol.

Funny enough, hops smell a LOT like good marijuana. I suppose it's because they're very closely related - but a very good, heavily hopped beer (90 minute IPA, anyone?) gets a very large taste of pot in it (unsmoked, of course) that never fails to surprise me.

I think a hemp-flavored shave soap with real hemp seed oil AND hops included would be a very, very cool shave soap for the weekends. Probably quite healing, too.

Well I don't have any experience with marijuana so I'm kinda surprised it smells like hops. If that's the case I'd probably like how it smelled too.

It would be so awesome if someone did do something with hops/hemp in a shaving soap. I think it'd be one of the best soaps ever. Not only because of the smell but because of the healing and soothing properties of the oils.

I emailed the lady at the gentlemen's quarter about my idea but she never emailed me back.

I visited Muir woods last fall, right after a light rain. The smell in the air was incredible. I'd love to find a soap that captures it, and I think the name "Muir Woods" itself would be an attractive one. I did a bit of looking to find the predominant flora there, coastal redwood, bigleaf maple, tanoak, douglas fir, california bay laurel, ferns, moss. I don't know which of these would be noticeable in the air. There was mostly an evergreen smell in the air, but much more complex than what you smell at a Christmas tree farm, and more earthy.

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
Now we know how Endcycle spends his weekends. :a39:

Yeah, lathering up and lighting his face on fire ... :bayrum2:

I think most of the scents one could want are out there ... the problem is in matching the desired scent with the desired soap. You know, "I'd like for Tabac to smell like ... " Too often it's a tradeoff between soap A's great scent and soap B's great performance.

Top Bottom