What's new

Scent/Fragrance of the Day - 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
Drizzly gray day here, riding the tube - err um train - to work. Felt like something English:

Pen's Hamman Bouquet

Although now that I'm in my office and remember that I have a potentially confrontational meeting this morning perhaps it should have been Yatagan or TF Tuscan Leather...

La Collection Privée Christian Dior Vetiver
Top note: Sicilian Grapefruit
Heart note: South American Robusta Coffee
Base note: Haitian Vetiver

This is a really nice take on vetiver, but seems to be fading fast even after applying a double-dose. I get a sweet/floral on the opening, then the coffee/vetiver which doesn't change very much - it just gets smoother. I do like this coffee/vetiver combination much better than in Jo Malone Black Vetyver Café.

proxy.php

Creed Spice & Woods

This scent really aggravates me. First of all, why would you ever want a 250ml atomizer bottle?! Its awkward enough holding the 120ml bottles from Creed. Second, Spice & Woods is a little bit of a misnomer. Does it have spice? Kind of. Maybe a hint of clove in there but nothing to write home about. Does it have woods? Yes. In the dry down I get a nice touch of cedar and enough musk to not feel like I rolled around in a hamster cage. What aggravates me the most is how much I seem to be enjoying this scent. I really wanted to hate it. I wanted to scoff at it and say, "Oh Olivier, you pretentious a**. You can't slap the name Royal Exclusive on something and expect people to instantly fawn over it. This is crap!" I honestly can't stop smelling my wrist where I put a few drops. As I was driving to work I would catch the occasional whiff and couldn't help but think how much I liked it.

I guess the next step will be to empty the vial into an atomizer and spray it on to see how it wears. Maybe I won't care for it as much the second time around. My wallet (and wife) hopes so at least. :blushing:

Guerlain - Gentleman's Handkerchief (MdM) Thanks, Dave

So far, wow, just wow. It's like everything mixed into one--floral, clean, dirty, fresh, indollic. A tad "old manish" to me, but I'll take it. I really need to get the hang of David's atomizers lol.

Rudy Vey

Shaving baby skin and turkey necks
Creed BdS (this is for me the longest lasting Creed scent, applied this am at 6:30 and i can still detect it on me now).

Came across this old 6 oz bottle of 4711 edc with about 1/3 remaining in it while rummaging around the house today. NICE.....

proxy.php

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom