What's new

Scent/Fragrance of the Day - 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
Slumberhouse Grev

proxy.php

Interesting...definitely medicinal and woods, but light at the same time. Very different from the two - Ore and Jeke - that I've tried so far.

Chanel Egoiste

So far smells like a quarter of the newer scents that I've smelled at Sephora. Initially pleasant enough, but has given me quite a headache. Guess this one is not for me, but hopefully I'll find something redeeming in the drydown.

Tcharas Afgano
by La Via del Profumo

I've been wanted to revisit these lately and today I picked this one and I'm pleased to say that this time I'm actually getting it not just a little differently, but a lot differently. It reminds me a little of Gringo in that I pick up patchouli in it, which might be partly responsible for some of the pot notes I'm picking up, but there's also some lighter notes that I can't figure out and the typical resinous woody notes that are common from Profumo.it. Gringo was more westernized than this, I'll say that, which makes Tcharas a little more interesting. There may be other notes, perhaps real marijuana or ganja or hash notes (I'm not sure) but the effect is somewhat reminiscent of a Den, or at least a cozy living room full of close friends. I'm not picking up the civet or castoreum as much as I'd like, meaning that this isn't as "farm barns" as the description leads me to believe, but there is a rural characteristic of perhaps burning leaves that gives it a melancholy ambience of autumn. One of my faves from this house, just wish the longevity were a little better. Perhaps I just need to "use more product."

proxy.php

Last edited:
Tcharas Afgano
by La Via del Profumo

... There may be other notes, perhaps real marijuana or ganja or hash notes (I'm not sure)...

There's hemp oil in this. I know b/c I asked him. Love this stuff -- it's one of my faves. Then again, I love the smell of dried bud.

Reminds me that I was at a Hendrix Experience (www.hendixexperiencetour.com) night before last at Strathmore Hall in Bethesda, Maryland.

From time to time they seemed to release something that smelled like pure hash oil into the air. Interesting atmospheric.

Either that or someone was discretely smoking. Seems unlikely at the second home of the Baltimore Symphony Orchestra, but who knows.

Pens "Douro" for me today. Probably still my favorite frag. Too bad my wife hates it, and she hates very few frags.

Crown Perfumery - Sandringham

A very nice barbershop type of fragrance. Opens with a lavender and citrus accord that before long develops into an ever so slightly soapy light floral. Thereafter a subtly spicy woody accord adds it's presence to the mix. This remains as a soapy, light floral, and woody combination for the remainder of the day. Very elegant and refined, but no so refined as to loose hold of it's barbershop roots. Never becomes a sillage monster, or otherwise attract undue attention. Could easily be worn with either jeans and t-shirt or a suit and tie. Not one to attract the ladies at a club, but would certainly attract those in other settings who appreciate a well groomed man. One of my personal favorites. (Well, to be honest, that list is a long one.)

Of course, YMMV

proxy.php

Main Accords: warm spicy, green, citrus, woody, musky

I think this is a nice frag, but I can't really tell because there is no sillage or longevity to it.

CREED Imperial Millesime.Very unimpressed with this one.It just disappears on me...Glad I'm figuring this out on samples and not a full bottle :wink2:
I had a sample of this, but I never had a chance to give it a try. Last weekend as I was reaching for my bottle of GIT I bumped the IM sample and when it hit the floor it just popped like a light bulb. The room smelt kind of nice though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom