What's new

Scent/Fragrance of the Day - 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
Monk
by Michael Storer

Top: Acacia flower, bergamot orange, bitter orange, galbanum.
Middle: Linden blossom absolute, blond tobacco absolute, frankincense resin, beeswax absolute cysts oil, ambrette seed, cocoa absolute, Bulgarian rose absolute.
Base: Aged Indonesian vanilla, tonka bean absolute, civet, sandalwood, Texas cedarwood, benzoin tincture, jasmine absolute, birch tar

I don't know if all of those notes are really included but who knows. Monk is one of my favorite winter scents. It's a very rich but skanky fragrance that balances coziness with stink. The floral notes are indolic, there is some cumin or other stinky spices, there's some cistus and other balamic notes, and there's some civet. But everything is in moderation and blended quite well with a slightly sweet vanilla and incense base reminiscent of those papiers d'armenie that are burned in the toilet as air fresheners. Easily one of the best fragrances ever made in my opinion.

proxy.php

Winter Woods by Sonoma Scent Studio

How do you like this one?

proxy.php

Jacques Fath Pour l'Homme​

Great pic!!

Halston z-14 layered with Alt Innsbruck.
Red

This sounds like a nice blend.

Easy there... Starker can write a dissertation on Guerlain Vetiver in his sleep. :huh:

:lol:

I'd read every word.

Beautiful shot! It's always a treat to see vintage Yardley make an appearance.

That Arome 3 is excellent! I've really been enjoying the lavenders lately.

XJ Homme is not to be missed. Look forward to hearing your impressions!

I will agree - one damn fine leather.

I just put it on not 10 minutes ago, first impression? ASTOUNDING. All comments not withstanding price, which to me is so high it takes a bit of the fun out of the enjoyment if I linger on it.

Right up top is slight citrus, I'm getting lemon and lime more than orange along with a very well done Birch Tar note. Birch tar to me is much more of a smoke scent than a leather scent, but even now a few minutes in, I'm getting the leather too, along with the smokey jam note of the Birch Tar. Birch Tar burns off pretty quick, so I am looking forward to how this will dry down. I'm hopeful it comes out more leathery.

All in all, this is better than Tauer's stuff and a rollercoaster of a scent. Using Birch Tar is a little like cheating because it's so incredibly potent on it's own, but this XJ Homme stuff is fascinating right out of the gate.

$cowboy.jpg

... All comments not withstanding price, which to me is so high it takes a bit of the fun out of the enjoyment if I linger on it...

All in all, this is better than Tauer's stuff and a rollercoaster of a scent. ...

Yes, price aside, it's a great scent - but at least it has great longevity. Watch what you say about Tauer, though! :a30:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom