What's new

Scent/Fragrance of the Day - 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
proxy.php

Creed

vintage Guerlain Vetiver EdT

proxy.php

Which one? The smokey, deeper pre-2000 version or the 2000-2010 reformulation, which to my nose is sharper, with more citrus but less tobacco and depth in the base. I have both (my EdT is from the '80s) as well as a bottle of EdC from the '60s. I like both the old vintage and the 2000 reformulation, but find them dissimilar enough to really consider them different fragrances. I've not tried the current formula, but have heard mixed reviews, with most not being positive. You can almost make a fragrance collection out of just Guerlain reformulations!

For me today, Chanel Eau de Cologne (Les Exclusifs). Excellent quality unisex classic cologne with well integrated orange blossom. Weak silage and poor longevity and overpriced for what it is.

Which one? The smokey, deeper pre-2000 version or the 2000-2010 reformulation, which to my nose is sharper, with more citrus but less tobacco and depth in the base. I have both (my EdT is from the '80s) as well as a bottle of EdC from the '60s. I like both the old vintage and the 2000 reformulation, but find them dissimilar enough to really consider them different fragrances. I've not tried the current formula, but have heard mixed reviews, with most not being positive. You can almost make a fragrance collection out of just Guerlain reformulations!

This is the 80's version, has a little less citrus than the EdC and the vetiver is a bit more peppery. Tobacco and vetiver are well balanced and the powdery guerlinade is nearly non-existent (not that it's very prominent in Guerlain's Vetiver in the first place). It's a very vetiver day with some Claus Porto Vetiver soap/shampoo, QCS Vetiver shaving cream, Guerlian Vetiver aftershave (vintage) and EdT. I'll be eating Indian for lunch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom