Top: fig leaf
Middle: figs
Base: cedar

My favourite hot weather scent!

Gris Clair for me today.

Tea for Two
by l'Artisan Parfumeur

ginger, cinnamon, green anise, honey, vanilla

I should have bought another bottle when l'AP was blowing these out. Now discontinued, of course I like it. I've always liked it, actually, just never bought a full bottle. That notes list looks a bit sparse, come to think of it.

So I've been wearing this for a few days now, which is something I seldom do (wear the same fragrance twice in a row, much less thrice - or more!) and I've really become acquainted with it. It opens with a soft but harsh fume-y smoky note but settles quickly into a very comfortable scent. There's a period of ash-y ashtray and floral-ness for a while that is a little uncomfortable but it isn't unsettling and doesn't last long. After that, it starts to smell a bit like pipe tobacco, or at least there's that vanilla pipe tobacco note to it. I can't say it ever really smells like tea to me, especially chai tea, which has been used as a comparison. The past few days have been cloudy, though, but warm, and it's been a nice companion scent, very comfortable, very inward and introverted, but with a little panache. I can't say I've ever been very fond of Tea for Two but the past few days have made me realize what I've been missing, which is a lot. Amberish, golden, hay-like tobacco, smoky, and with a touch of gourmand vanilla, it's a great scent to usher in the autumn season.

proxy.php

proxy.php
proxy.php

Accords: marine, green, tuberose, floral, white floral

Top: sea water, green notes
Middle: tuberose, magnolia, marigold
Base: woodsy notes, oakmoss

I don't get much green, just a floral aquatic. Is it magnolias? Reminds me of lilacs and the floral projection is quiet strong for about 4 hours. In drydown a sea breeze comes foward and floral aquatic lingers 8 hours before frag turns powdery. Fleur de Liane is a nice enough frag for a woman, but I wouldn't want to wear this myself.

Summer Ending Niche Week
Maison Francis Kurkdjian Aqua Universalis (2009) - Monday
CB I Hate Perfume Mr. Hulot’s Holiday (2005) - Tuesday
Diptyque Philosykos (1996) - Wednesday
L'Artisan Fleur de Liane (2008) - Thursday
Acqua di Biella Cashmere Twill (2008) - Friday

Last edited:
Today, Arome 3. Such a nice lavender plus.

Yesterday, Creed "Feuilles Verte." I so like the greeness of that scent. I hate in a way that Creed does some things so well, partly because it is usually on a limited basis. FV is a home run of a scent to me.

The other evening I found a small sample of Mazzolari "Ambra." I am not al that drawn to amber dominant scents as far as I can tell. I am not very good at picking out amber in a scent either, though. On the plus side, this one has distinct Mazzolari "house notes," and I am very fond of this house based on its scents that I have tried. It reminds that there are a number of Mazzolari scents I have not tried and should. Also a plus, for me, is that there is a lot going on in this scent besides amber. On the minus side, the dry down seems rather sweet and powdery. I do not make a big distinction between masculine and feminine scents, but for my purposes this seems more feminine than what I am dranw to wearing myself. I should try more of it though. I had very little to work with and that is never fair to the scent!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom