What's new

Scent/Fragrance of the Day - 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
proxy.php

proxy.php

Accords: powdery, musky, amber, woody, animalic
Notes: iso-e-super

Don't know if this is typical for iso-e-super, but it has already separated in the bottle and turns cloudy if I shake it up. I purchased this decant from Perfumed Court several months ago at the same time as Mr. Hulot's Holiday along with several others which have had no problems. I don't know how old it was when I received it, but the frag was just released 4 years ago. The fact that the same thing happened with another Escentric Molecules frag leaves me with no other choice than to avoid this house completely in the future.

Summer Ending Niche Week
Maison Francis Kurkdjian Aqua Universalis (2009) - Monday
CB I Hate Perfume Mr. Hulot’s Holiday (2005) - Tuesday
Escentric Molecules Molecule 01 (2008)
Escentric Molecules Molecule 02 (2008)
Diptyque Philosykos (1996) - Wednesday
L'Artisan Fleur de Liane (2008) - Thursday
Acqua di Biella Cashmere Twill (2008) - Friday

Last edited:
proxy.php

proxy.php

Accords: powdery, woody, floral, white floral, animalic

Don't know if this is typical for iso-e-super, but it has already separated in the bottle and turns cloudy if I shake it up. I purchased this decant from Perfumed Court several months ago at the same time as Mr. Hulot's Holiday along with several others which have had no problems. I don't know how old it was when I received it, but the frag was just released 4 years ago. The fact that the same thing happened with another Escentric Molecules frag leaves me with no other choice than to avoid this house completely in the future.

Summer Ending Niche Week

Last edited:
Pen's Sartorial

I started a new job a couple of weeks ago and have been taking the subway into town (we call it the "metro" around here). After two weeks of mostly foul smells, a few mainstream perfumes, and one or two classic shaving scents, today I was oh so pleasantly surprised to smell a familiar scent on the train - by Kilian's Back to Black. What a wonderful respite! So remember, fellow transit travellers, you are most certainly doing a service to someone when wearing your nice scents on public transit!

I ordered a mini bottle of Acteur two days ago, I'm excited to try it. Today I'm enjoying Habit Rouge by Guerlain.

I really like it. It's a nice, smokey rose. Very interesting. Let us know what you think when you try it. I was away for the Labor Day weekend in Acadia NP and alternated between the Acteur and Bois 1920 Extreme. The Acteur grew on me, the 1920 became annoying.

BTW - Some Royall Bay Rhum for me today.

Last edited:
proxy.php

proxy.php

Accords: powdery, woody, floral, white floral, animalic

Summer Ending Niche Week

Iso E Super should definitely not be separating. Interestingly, it's been said and advertised that Geza Schoen uses something like 60% IES to 40% alcohol with this perfume. It it's true, he's way, way over IFRA's guidelines which only allow for 10%. Feeling pretty intimate with Iso E, my hunch is it's no where near 60%.

proxy.php

proxy.php

Accords: woody, green, fruity, sweet, powdery

Top: fig leaf
Middle: figs
Base: cedar

Philosykos reminds me a lot of Hermes D'Orange Vert Concentre with the bitter green leaf note. On my skin, I get a strong projection of this bitter green for 4-5 hours before bitterness disappears and the frag becomes a sweeter skin scent lasting another 6 hours. During this second half I get sweet figs over cedar which eventually turn slightly powdery near the end. The figs and cedar may be there earlier from the start, but overpowered by the bitter green leaf note. They are similar enough that I wouldn't want to own a bottle of both, but if I didn't already own a bottle of O'DVC then I would prefer instead to buy Philosykos.

Summer Ending Niche Week

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom