What's new

Scent/Fragrance of the Day - 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
$safari_00.jpg

Another of my AS/EDT combos.
$safari-gift-set-by-ralph-lauren-gift-set-men-includes-4-2-oz-eau-de-toilette-spray-4-2-oz-after-.jp

Last edited:
Paco Rabanne - XS

The collection of unwanted colognes my dad amassed over the years is turning out to be a real treasure trove for me

I am holding off shaving today until after the mail arrives. I am hoping that a bottle of Captain's Choice Bay Rum will be delivered. If it is, I will be wearing that today, if it is not delivered, I will most likely be wearing VIBR.

proxy.php

proxy.php

Notes: Needle, Linchen, Fern, Moss, Hemlock

Last month I went ahead and ordered a 15ml bottle of Norne from Slumberhouse. This is the reference for forest scents containing no essential oils or synthetics, but instead composed entirely with 100% pure forest absolutes. Not an everyday frag, but a must-have for those days when you long for the solitude of a grandiose forest. Easy on the trigger though because this is the real deal! It lasts all day on my skin.

Norn: any of the three goddesses of fate in Norse myth

Wild Fern Week
Geo. F. Trumper Wild Fern (1877) - Monday
Penhaligon's English Fern (1890) - Tuesday
Olympic Orchids Olympic Rainforest (2010) - Wednesday
Slumberhouse Norne (2012) - Thursday
Nina Ricci Signoricci (vintage 1965) - Friday

Last edited:
Eccelso
by Profumum

Bergamot, nutmeg, magnolia, Mysore sandalwood, musk, patchouli, labdanum resin

I've worn this a few times now, trying to wrap my head around it. First of all, it's more expensive than other Profumum offerings, so why? Secondly, it's not all that charming of a fragrance on the surface, but something about it really draws me in? So today I think I've sorted it out. My single-most gripe about it is that the musk is a bit too much. I think the subtleties of the other notes would shine brighter if there wasn't a layer of skin-scent musk overlying everything. It's the first thing I smell when I put it on and it outshines everything else. The magnolia and sandalwood notes, while there, are a bit muted, too. I'd like these notes to be more obvious given that they are some of my favorite fragrances. But what I think really gets me is the interplay of nutmeg with patchouli and labdanum, especially the latter.

Eccelso smells to me like my mother when I was a child. I think she wore Ciara because that's what I bought her every Christmas but in truth I have no idea if she really wore it. Probably she did. She would put it on in the morning and it was a bright musky floral and when she'd get home at night she'd smell like musk when I'd give her a hug. Now I'm not saying that Eccelso smells like a feminine frag - although I do think it's just of the feminine side of unisex - but what I'm saying is that this is not a scent for little girls or boys. Eccelso is too mature. Eccelso is for adults only. It is sexy, sophisticated, and seductive.

I need to let my wife give this a try.

proxy.php

One of my favorite photos of Sophia Loren - one of many.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom