What's new

Scent/Fragrance of the Day - 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
proxy.php

Ungaro Pour L'Homme II

Tom Ford - Tuscan Leather

From the recent split. Tested a small spot last night, and it's pretty darn good stuff. A few hours of what I interpret as a very simple leather scent, like fresh out of the box fresh, clean and very clear. Then after those couple/few hours it starts to develop a more interesting aura that has me a bit confused, and hopefully today's full wear will reveal it's secrets to me. I do know that in the heart stage it actually gets a bit more masculine smelling (in a good way) as if smelling like leather wasn't masculine enough. The pure leather seems to tone itself down a bit and allow other elements to emerge, it's much more enjoyable at that stage. Later still, it subdues further and is a pleasant, masculine, somewhat leathery, with almost fougere qualities to boot, scent. It seems to become a skin scent, but when putting that spot to my nose, I get almost nothing. When smelled from a couple of inches, it reappears. A proper, full wear should be quite enjoyable.

YMMV.

$visit-aspen.jpg

ASPEN!

you'll be seeing this all week. the mrs is on vacation this week, and since I get up at 5:30am i'm getting ready in the guest bathroom so she can sleep. I only have so much room in my dopp kit.

proxy.php
proxy.php

Main Accords: woody, earthy, green, balmy, herbal

Top Notes: Blue ginger, Grapefruit
Middle Notes: Nutmeg, Sage
Base Notes: Vetiver, Labdanum, Musk, Patchouli, Sage

Possibly the "most balanced vetyver" that I have ever experienced and during the more than 8 hours of longevity I can visualize freshly rooted vetyver with it's herbal greens and earthy roots. I think the nutmeg is that added touch which helps in visualizing an earthiness of "freshly rooted plant" rather than the simpler earthiness of "tilled soil" found in many frags. This frag just seems to come across as being more "alive" than most others.

Last edited:
Been away from the computer for a fer days:

Friday - Chanel Bleu - meh
Saturday - Crown Eau de Quinine - really great stuff!
Sunday - Serge Lutens Daim Blond -
Monday - Pinaud Lime Sec
Today - Superior 70 Bay Rum

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom