Not open for further replies.
RED VETYVER

proxy.php

M O N T A L E
P A R I S

Arabia
by La Via del Profumo
Profumo.it

damask rose, castoruem, cardamom, nutmeg, cinnamon, violet, narcissus and tuberose

This is a pretty interesting scent that combines rose and castoreum for a floral animalic perfume. However, the spices used to "bridge" the two are a little too strong. I immediately smelled the cinnamon, cardamom and nutmeg in the opening and I can still smell it now. However, there is something very appealing about this scent that just barely touches on the edible. At first this smelled like a cup of chai tea but now it smells differently. It's not a gourmand by any means and the combination of floral notes with spices gives it a potpourri feel but with a slightly smoky incense vibe. Longevity on this poor, unfortunately, as this smells to me like Tea in the Sahara - I'd really like to amp this up and really give it a good smelling.

proxy.php

proxy.php
proxy.php

Main Accords: woody, fresh spicy, earthy, citrus, green

Starts out really great with strong pepper and rich earthiness, but just like Guerlain and L'Occitane, after about 4 hours Montale turns into a powdery nightmare.

Last edited:
In my continuing effort to finish up the last of some of my smaller samples so as to make room for the new ones coming in (and those yet to be ordered), I applied the last drops of my sample of Pens Opus 1870. I continue to feel the same as when I first tried it. Nice and light but nothing special. Certainly doesn't last very long on me (that I can smell of course). Just a pleasant scent that makes me thankful for being able to try samples without buying bottles.

Tauer "incense Rose"--Lucky Scent's description, although hyperbolic, seems accurate. Also, its rating of the scent smack in the middle of a continuum from masculine to feminine.

$SOTD 001.jpg

This is a bone dry almost scorched earth Vetiver. I can find no sweetness what so ever in this fragrance. If you were to take a handful of Vetiver roots, and dry them out in the sun set them on fire, and at that point beat out the fire with a handful of damp Vetiver roots, and took this whole mess, and distilled it bottled it, and labeled it Vetiver by Santa Maria Novella, this would be the finished product.
I can find nothing, but Vetiver, and light woods, and have to say that I love it. This is not a fragrance for the timid. This is a big bold in your face Vetiver, that makes no excuses for what it is. The closest Vetiver I could probably liken it to if I had to would Vetiver by Etro. Easy on the trigger with one. IMHO

View attachment 233077

This is a bone dry almost scorched earth Vetiver. I can find no sweetness what so ever in this fragrance. If you were to take a handful of Vetiver roots, and dry them out in the sun set them on fire, and at that point beat out the fire with a handful of damp Vetiver roots, and took this whole mess, and distilled it bottled it, and labeled it Vetiver by Santa Maria Novella, this would be the finished product.
I can find nothing, but Vetiver, and light woods, and have to say that I love it. This is not a fragrance for the timid. This is a big bold in your face Vetiver, that makes no excuses for what it is. The closest Vetiver I could probably liken it to if I had to would Vetiver by Etro. Easy on the trigger with one. IMHO

Similar to what I appreciate about Italian cooking, I suppose, I truly appreciate SMN's approach to scents, seemingly straightforward, using excellent ingredients, often simple on some levels, creative, and I am sure vastly more difficult than it seems. I don't, but should, know this one well. I find most SMN to be light on tenacity. But that may go with the particular scent's, I am guessing, relatively natural ingredients. For instance, there is no lack of tenacity in Acqua di Cuba.

The tenacity in this Tauer Incense Rose is sort of too much for me right now! I was trying to think whetherTauer is an opposite of SMN in that it seems complex. I am sure it is complex. But I suppose Incense Rose right now seems like excellent frankincense--the kind I like, by the way, I do not like all incense frags--with some rose, mostly "behind" the frankincense. Maybe that mix of Italian and French befitting a Swiss scent!

Nice to know you are reading my stuff, Obsessed! I like that word!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom