What's new

Scent/Fragrance of the Day - 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agar Aura - Kemenyan

proxy.php

This is one of Taha's newest oils. He described it to me as an Indonesian version of Oriscent's Kyara Koutan, and his description was spot on.

To clarify further: Some of you are familiar w/the scent of Oriscent's Borneo 3000. Imagine that scent but darker, with a little smoke curling around the edges. That's Kemenyan.

Awesome. :thumbup1:

Sweet! But what on Earth is going on in the image? I can't make it out.

-----------

Lavanda Nobile
by Nobile 1942

bergamot, lemon, cardamon, lavender, marine notes, gaiac, white musk, amber, tonka, benzoin, and oak moss

This perfume contains three different types of lavender: Scottish, Provenciale, and lavender absolute - and it shows. This is not your ordinary lavender, either. In fact, all day long I've been getting the same stomach-tugging feeling I get from Bulgari Black and SMN Toscana. The citrus opening blasted past me and went straight to a strange not-quite medicinal lavender that has pretty much been around all day. However, it's what plays around it that is truly incredible and I think it's mostly an interplay of musk, amber, and benzoin. There are time when it almost smells incense-like (lavender incense DOES exist, after all) but there's something about the musk/amber accord that envelopes my soul and provides me with an almost excessive amount of comfort and uplifting energy. Yesterday's Arome 3 was good but this is amazing. I'm not surprised, either, almost everything I've tried from Nobile 1942 has been like this. Again, thanks Ivan for sharing!

proxy.php

Last edited:
proxy.php

Main Accords: Earthy, Fresh Spicy, Green, Woody, Fruity, Patchouli

Notes: Vetiver, Patchouli, Granny Smith Apple, Lavender, Nutmeg

Longevity: 8-10 hours at 70 degree farenheit

This frag is a powerhouse with more projection and longevity than both the Carlo Corinto Vetyver (vintage 1993) and Carven Vetiver (vintage 1957) which I tried earlier this week. L.T.Piver does not even begin to lose it's potency until after 8 hours on my skin, but in this case that is not a good thing because this frag is too effeminate (lavender?) for me.

This is
Vintage Vetyver Veek!

Last edited:
full

Serves me right for throwing away perfume boxes immediately after I get home. This time I threw the atomizer away with the box. It was hidden under the sponge, and the best part is that sales lady told me about it and I forgot. I poured some on my hands and rubbed it on my neck. Now my hand is stuck to my face and I have to type with just one hand.

Last edited by a moderator:
Eva
by Santa Maria Novella

citrus fruits, Italian bergamot, black pepper and vetiver

Evahhhhhhhhhhh! yes, you have say it just like that. I remember when bottles of Eva were on Ebay all the time for around $40 shipped. I didn't know enough about it to snatch a bottle but sure wish I had. Now I'm trying it for the first time and realizing that the female name (Eva) and the plaid label completely mislead me to believe this would be a typical floral. It's anything but that and now I'm getting that the label is actually a brown-check houndstooth plaid suit pattern and the Eva name is likely to reinforce the unisex "power" of the fragrance. I should have known better, since Eva and Nostalgia are the only two SMN fragrances that aren't in the traditional rounded-square shaped bottles but instead have their own unique bottle design. I gather that to mean they don't smell like your typical SMN fragrances, omitting the typical herbal elements. This has the citrus/bergamot opening of their Acqua di Colonia but with a peppery clean vetiver making it crisp, clean, and fresh. It's very simplistic and although I don't typically like this style of vetiver this is an amazing scent! I get a lot of bergamot mixed in with the vetiver for a bright but earthy pairing, the pepper just gives it an edge. If you like Original Vetiver, Route de Vetiver, and other fresh vetiver scents, this is a must try.

proxy.php

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom