Scent/Fragrance of the Day - 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
proxy.php

Domenico Caraceni 1913
1913 was my Friday night choice.
Saturday: L'Air du Desert Marocain
Today: Floris Santal

I almost never wear two different scents on the same day. I wore Knize 10 this morning. After work, I changed into casual clothes and picked up the shirt I wore yesterday morning. The smell of Parfumerie Generale Coze was on it and I couldn't resist a couple of sprays again today. The first time I wore it was a very cold day last month. I thought it pleasant but didn't think it anything out of the ordinary. Yesterday, it was a pleasant March day, and it completely changed how I experienced Coze. Every time I moved, I caught a drift of a very comforting, warm and sweet scent that I found absolutely stunning. This evening, my wife, who has grown accustomed to my AD to the point that she rarely comments on my fragrances any more, nuzzled into me and exclaimed how nice I smell. I look forward to trying this on a hot summer day. It is definitely on my list of FBW fragrances.

Mike

I almost never wear two different scents on the same day. I wore Knize 10 this morning. After work, I changed into casual clothes and picked up the shirt I wore yesterday morning. The smell of Parfumerie Generale Coze was on it and I couldn't resist a couple of sprays again today. The first time I wore it was a very cold day last month. I thought it pleasant but didn't think it anything out of the ordinary. Yesterday, it was a pleasant March day, and it completely changed how I experienced Coze. Every time I moved, I caught a drift of a very comforting, warm and sweet scent that I found absolutely stunning. This evening, my wife, who has grown accustomed to my AD to the point that she rarely comments on my fragrances any more, nuzzled into me and exclaimed how nice I smell. I look forward to trying this on a hot summer day. It is definitely on my list of FBW fragrances.

Mike

+1!
Coze is amazing!

Yes, Bill, I haven't worn it yet, so please let us know what you think. I for one love the coconut/vetiver combination out of the bottle!
Les Nez Turtle Vetiver Front No. 2

This is wonderful! To me sharp vet rounded with just a bit of Coppertone. As it evolved more swampiness and greeness came out. Love it.

Last edited:
full

Czech & Speake Frankincese & Myrrh

I found out that this scent has a calming effect on me.
Peace and tranquility to Earth.

Last edited by a moderator:
Agar Aura - Kemenyan

proxy.php

This is one of Taha's newest oils. He described it to me as an Indonesian version of Oriscent's Kyara Koutan, and his description was spot on.

To clarify further: Some of you are familiar w/the scent of Oriscent's Borneo 3000. Imagine that scent but darker, with a little smoke curling around the edges. That's Kemenyan.

Awesome. :thumbup1:

proxy.php

Main Accords: Citrus, Woody, Earthy, Green, Floral

Top Notes: Mandarin, Sage, Petitgrain, Lemon.
Middle Notes: Vetiver, Orris, Sandalwood, Cedarwood
Base Notes: Amber, Moss, Myrrh, Musk

Longevity: 6 hours plus at 70 degree farenheit

Aged vetiver like a fine wine aged in oak barrels. Well, maybe it's just all that wood which leave me with this impression since there is both sandalwood and cedarwood in the middle right alongside the vetiver. I sense the slightest bit of citrus through the drydown and none of that nasty powdery perfumery which I get with Guerlain and L'Occitane after 3-4 hours. This is a really nice fragrance.

This is Vintage Vetyver Veek!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom