What's new

Safety Razor Acquisition Thread.

I've only been shaving with a double edge since April. But it didn't take long for me to get the RAD. So since these have been acquired over such a short period of time, I think it makes sense to post my current collection here. The most recent acquisitions are the black fat handle tech and the Muhle R41 head (currently sitting on an EJ DE89 handle). I have a Razorock Barberpole handle on its way which is where the Muhle R41 will end up sitting. And I feel confident in saying that with the RR purchase, I'll be done for a very long time.

View attachment 668462View attachment 668463

Nice travel kit... where's the rest?

:laugh:

I picked up a 1951 Superspeed and a Schick Krona for $10 each at a local antique shop this week. They both cleaned up very nice and shave like they are new. It's hard to date Schicks, so I'm not sure how old it is. There was also a gold Black Beauty there, but it was pretty rough and they wanted $30 for it. I've looked around and it appears that they are available shave ready for not much more.

Graydog

Biblical Innards
I've only been shaving with a double edge since April. But it didn't take long for me to get the RAD. So since these have been acquired over such a short period of time, I think it makes sense to post my current collection here. The most recent acquisitions are the black fat handle tech and the Muhle R41 head (currently sitting on an EJ DE89 handle). I have a Razorock Barberpole handle on its way which is where the Muhle R41 will end up sitting. And I feel confident in saying that with the RR purchase, I'll be done for a very long time.

View attachment 668462View attachment 668463
And I feel confident in saying that with the RR purchase, I'll be done for a very long time.
:lol: I said that once:lol: You should try one of these $SWR_1468.jpg$IMG_4782.jpg$IMG_4476.jpg$IMG_4503.jpg$IMG_5678.jpg

Last edited:
I picked up a 1951 Superspeed and a Schick Krona for $10 each at a local antique shop this week. They both cleaned up very nice and shave like they are new. It's hard to date Schicks, so I'm not sure how old it is. There was also a gold Black Beauty there, but it was pretty rough and they wanted $30 for it. I've looked around and it appears that they are available shave ready for not much more.

No pictures didn't happen. lol

Hi all,

I hope this is the right place to post this...I haven't posted anything since I started wet shaving just over a year ago. I wanted to get into it as a hobby and picked up what I think is a Canadian-made Gillette Tech from about 1940 (it's the one with the 1932 Pat date stamp). I paid a bit more for it at the shop than I wanted to, but it was about the same as an ebay find when the s&h is factored in. Anyway, it was my first attempt at a vintage.

$SAM_2270.JPG$SAM_2274.JPG
$SAM_2277.JPG$SAM_2279.JPG
$SAM_2282.JPG

...and, yes, it is the wrong case, but this will just inspire me to hunt for a rocket with a tech case :eek:

Cheers,
MVD

Hi all,

I hope this is the right place to post this...I haven't posted anything since I started wet shaving just over a year ago. I wanted to get into it as a hobby and picked up what I think is a Canadian-made Gillette Tech from about 1940 (it's the one with the 1932 Pat date stamp). I paid a bit more for it at the shop than I wanted to, but it was about the same as an ebay find when the s&h is factored in. Anyway, it was my first attempt at a vintage.

...and, yes, it is the wrong case, but this will just inspire me to hunt for a rocket with a tech case :eek:

Cheers,
MVD

That's a beautiful Tech, congrats! :001_smile

BTW, Techs with oblong lather slots (instead of triangular slots such as this one) were made after WWII, usually referred to as the 1946-'50 model, if they don't have a date code.

nikonNUT

The "Peter Hathaway Capstick" of small game
More shiny things. Just delivered, not cleaned up yet.

A Red & Black set and a NEW SC. Made in USA.

This is my first SC, shall have to try it soon...

The Red & Black set.

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

The SC.

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

Cheers to you all!

Beatutiful pick-ups Juan! Love the Red and Black! I need to find one for myself. De Luxe of course...

Top Bottom