What's new

Safety Razor Acquisition Thread.

Beautiful razor ,that contrast is stunning

Glenn

Thanks Glenn. It just drew me in. I couldn't resist. And now I've just ordered the Razorock Barberpole Razor which I intend to signify the end of my current stream of RAD. My intent now is to get to know all of this equipment I've bought. And since the wife would flip out if yet another piece of shaving gear came to the house, I've had it delivered to work. But, really, I swear. This is it. Promise. No really. Seriously. I mean it this time. AAARRRGGGHHH.

Thanks Glenn. It just drew me in. I couldn't resist. And now I've just ordered the Razorock Barberpole Razor which I intend to signify the end of my current stream of RAD. My intent now is to get to know all of this equipment I've bought. And since the wife would flip out if yet another piece of shaving gear came to the house, I've had it delivered to work. But, really, I swear. This is it. Promise. No really. Seriously. I mean it this time. AAARRRGGGHHH.

Hmmm! Good luck with your restraint ,I keep promising myself the same thing but It hasn't worked for me and I don' think I'm the only one who can't resist the temptations .

Glenn

These are from the ebay auction I got this on. Gillette D-1 1958 Flare Tip Super Speed - it arrived today and haven't had a chance to take photos yet.

I expect this will be it for a while. (famous last words I know) I do want to pick up an adjustable at some point.

Nice scores ,really like those Red and Black cases . I don't find much difference in the LC vs SC shave they are both give a good shave.Congrats on your first short comb

Glenn

Thanks Glenn. Yup, those R&B sets have been catching my eye for ages, plus the razor in this one is in VGC indeed.

Hmmm! Good luck with your restraint ,I keep promising myself the same thing but It hasn't worked for me and I don' think I'm the only one who can't resist the temptations .

Glenn

Well, Glenn has nailed it...:001_cool:

Nice scores ,really like those Red and Black cases . I don't find much difference in the LC vs SC shave they are both give a good shave.Congrats on your first short comb

Glenn

My bad. I was thinking NEW SCs... but I happen to have a Goodwill SC (thanks to Edgar I now know it's from Argentina) ... so, no my first one...

No photos, no.... you know it, don't you?

This one from @rabidus.

attachment.php

Glenn

Even if I can just hold off buying any more stuff for 2 or 3 months, that would be an accomplishment. After all I've only been shaving with a DE since April and I now have 8 (or 9 - I can't remember) razors, 7 brushes, 4 lather bowls, 6 creams and 6 aftershaves. I really need to get to know the razors and work on my technique. And if I do anything more, it might be to get some of the razors I bought replated. So, no more razors. No more brushes. And no more creams and aftershaves. I've got plenty and will only replace what I have as it runs out. Hey, at least its a plan. But I'm not putting any money at risk saying I'll stick to it....

Aha, that's a nice one!:w00t:

I wish I could find one like that. I only happen to find rusty Techs..:mad3:
Even Juan Manuel finds more Goodwills in Madrid than me, being in North America

Thanks bubba!

This is my first, I've had Goodwill razors on my want list for a long time, and an early one based on the OLD is what I was looking for.

Top Bottom