What's new

Sacramento CA area meet up - gauging interest

I spent a little bit of time in my garage making a shaving brush to raffle off at the get together. It will be a free raffle, so everyone will get a chance to win something. I still have some finish sanding to do and apply the finish. The knot (20mm badger) has not yet been set. The finish should bring out the wood colors a little better. This is the first shaving brush I have made, so its not the prettiest in the world. I will try to add a picture later of the finished product.

$Brush.jpg

I hope we have a good showing too. If not we will still have a good time. I think we have 8-9 people so far that are going. You should learn quite a bit.

Sorry all. I would have loved to come. But actually moved out of California for work. I hope you all have a blast though.

We have received a gracious donation to our giveaway from Captain's Choice. The Captain is donating one free bottle of his aftershave that will be raffled off and a free sample pack to be raffled off. Thanks to the donation there will be two more happy winners.

Unfortunately I would be just back from my home country so I won't be able to attend... humph...

The brush is beautiful, where did you get just the bristles?

Thank you, I got the knot from Woodcraft. It's a decent knot for the price, but once I get some practice I will use better ones. It's too bad you won't be able to make it. If your plans change you are more than welcome to drop by.

I just received the package that was donated from Captain's Choice. There is one bottle of Bay Rum and a sample pack.

I too am looking forward to Saturday. Not sure about how many will be able to make it. I think we'll have a great time even if there are only a couple of us.

Not a problem at all. The more the merrier. I look forward to seeing everyone there today too. Have a safe journey everyone and we will see you this afternoon.
Pete

We had an excellent time at the gathering, Alex gave an excellent demonstration on honing a straight razor and it was a pleasure meeting the members. We hope there are others in the future. Our thanks to all who attended.

We had an excellent time at the gathering, Alex gave an excellent demonstration on honing a straight razor and it was a pleasure meeting the members. We hope there are others in the future. Our thanks to all who attended.

I had a great time and enjoyed meeting all the Sacramento area members who came. As a new straight razor user I had many questions and enjoyed Alex's demonstration and a look at razors under his microscope. I hope we can do this again in the future and we can meet more members in the Sacramento area.

Mike

I'm hoping we can put something together again in the near future. I had a great time. Sorry I was late; I was running later than I planned. Then I hit I-80...

I enjoyed meeting everyone and making some new friends. It was extremely nice of Alex to do his demonstration. Seeing the blade edge under the microscope helps greatly in the learning process.

mswofford

Rest in Peace
Pete; Your event planning capabilities are to be commended! Like many of us, I "know" fellow members but have not yet met any in person.

Pete
I though you did a really spendid job, the room looked too big when were first got there but it filled up nicely once everyone go in. All the fellows were swell and we had one wife there too. Let't do it again and try and get some BayArea fellows too.
thanks again,
Alex

Thank you Alex and Mike. I agree that we should do this again. Maybe next time we could look for someplace in Vacaville. It might be nice to switch back and forth between Sacramento and someplace closer to the Bay Area / Wine Country.

I think the get together was a total success. It sounds like everyone had a good time. Some of us that are new to straights gained some needed knowledge. We also gained a convert to DE shaving and possibly another to straight razor shaving. The food wasn't half bad either...

Last edited:
Top Bottom