What's new

Rudy Vey Custom Shaving Brushes and Restorations

Well here it is!
My Rudy Vey custom.
The brush is inspired by my Montblanc Meisterstuck pen.
The handle is long. I have big hands and this fits my hand perfectly.
A 2-band finest knot tops it off.
I' took it for a test this afternoon and it just destroys soap. I had such nice thick lather.

Enjoy!

Wow, what an awesome design idea. :thumbup1:

Wow, what an awesome design idea. :thumbup1:

+1 :thumbup:

It sure is.

It looks like it tapers in a small bit as it slopes toward the base. I can't recall seeing one like that before. Somehow that shape in black adds to the appearance.

That's really beautiful and it matches the pen perfectly.

Last edited:
Rudy just last night sent me a photo of the brush I asked him to create for me. It's based on an eagle but elongated, topped off with a 24mm TGN two band finest flat top knot. The photo shows it at about a 51mm loft, but I'm having Rudy set at about 46-48mm loft for face lathering. Can't wait to get it.

proxy.php

Flask-schmask...I think this was inspired by my RV Fatty. :tongue_sm

Your closer to right than you might think. You and Ken had both claimed the new 30mm STA's are ultra soft, softer than the high end luxury brushes I had sold you both...so I had to have a handle to try one in. You cant shave with just a knot can you???

My new RV is a buckeye burl with the Shavemac D01 extreme flat top. A fantastic job in turning and finishing the burl, the knot fits snugly and will begin its lathering journey tomorrow. The 48mm loft with a 21 mm knot is bound to bloom like a rose. And I'll share my impressions as time goes by.

But my 1st impression is extremely positive - as was the excellent service provided by Rudy. He is the brush man -- IMHO. Thanks Mr. Vey...

How do those of you who have the Shavemac D01 extreme flat top knot like them.

Does the cost of the knot compare to the knots from TGN?

My new RV is a buckeye burl with the Shavemac D01 extreme flat top. A fantastic job in turning and finishing the burl, the knot fits snugly and will begin its lathering journey tomorrow. The 48mm loft with a 21 mm knot is bound to bloom like a rose. And I'll share my impressions as time goes by.

But my 1st impression is extremely positive - as was the excellent service provided by Rudy. He is the brush man -- IMHO. Thanks Mr. Vey...

That's a beautiful piece of wood Jake, exquisitely crafted into a remarkable brush.
I'll bet the post bloom will be spectacular.

Thanks. The bloom is beginning -- today was the inaugural shave with the brush. Will post some images later in its life to demo the change.

The Shavemac D01 is a bit more expensive than the TGN knots. Prices are available by contacting Bernd at Shavemac. And IMHO they are worth the extra...

The Shavemac D01 is a bit more expensive than the TGN knots. Prices are available by contacting Bernd at Shavemac. And IMHO they are worth the extra...

A bit more? I think you can get ~4 TGN knots for the price of a D01. But they are very nice knots indeed, in a league of their own. German engineering at its finest. Both the RV handles and the Shavemac knots.

Rudy Vey

Shaving baby skin and turkey necks
Where's the update on the Ever-ready?

The restoration was done and the brushes returned to Scott. Wait for an update from his side...
The blue handle did not work out for us, so Scott sent me another very nice handle, and here are they two restored brushes side by side.

BigFoot

I wanna be sedated!
Staff member
The restoration was done and the brushes returned to Scott. Wait for an update from his side...
The blue handle did not work out for us, so Scott sent me another very nice handle, and here are they two restored brushes side by side.

Sorry guys but you have to wait a few more days. It will be worth it though.

BigFoot

I wanna be sedated!
Staff member
Here is a Barton Brush I had Rudy restore for me for SWMBO. I wish I could find a before picture, but it was ugly. Here is the finished product with an 18mm Silvertip Grade A knot.

Top Bottom