$RockwellBarSet.png

Rockwell 1/3 Plate
Rockwell 2/4 Plate
Rockwell 5/6 Plate
Rockwell Full Set

The Rockwell Handle is also available at $30
$RockwellHandle.jpg

Last edited:
Almost there Spencer! Be sure to let us know how you like it. I've been using mine all week with a Merkur top cap and have been having some really fantastic shaves. Last night I used the #2 plate and it was great for two days growth.

So are these the ones without any issues at all that is being sold? Or just some of the same from their last batch?

So are these the ones without any issues at all that is being sold? Or just some of the same from their last batch?

The issues were essentially isolated to the topcap of the razor. While we did receive some units that were not effected, several had defective top caps and were un-sellable whole. After some back and forth emails and phonecalls between myself and the gents at Rockwell, we came to the conclusion that the best way to introduce this product were to sell the pieces individually. I will not be offering the top cap for sale until their MIM (metal injected mould) topcap is available in the fall.

Having said that, the rest of the razor works very well when used with an alternate top cap. The handle is gorgeous and has some nice heft to it.

Got my package! The Rockwell is very nice with it's very decidedly steam punk like finish. I'm not brave enough to use the original top cap, but the EJ top cap looks like it will work nicely.... i'll know tomorrow when I do my first shave with it.

Gareth, at The Handle Bar Supply, has been a true merchant gentleman. Always answers my questions in a timely manner and an all around GREAT vendor.... Items packed extremely well and shipping arrived quickly (ordered on Monday and got the package on Thursday and I live across country!).

Can't wait to try the Rockwell tomorrow!

Well... the razor looks intimidating... but I'm gonna say it here... the razor is too damn mild (in a good way).

I'm an asian guy with typical asian facial hair patterns (read finer patchier hair growth...at least my skin is not very sensitive in general) so I typically prefer a milder shave... I don't know why, however, I felt the Rockwell was very mild. Thank god for the adjustable blade gaps. I went from '1' to '3' within half a face.....

Something about the safety bar makes it super easy to find the angle. I think it's because the bar's so damn thick and the wedge is so nearly perfect. I could find the correct angle within a short stroke and a half. Even in traditionally sensitive areas for me (my hair grows sideways around the midline of my neck where my adam's apple is) I was able to achieve a ATG shave with minimal pulling with a 4th shave rapira swedish supersteel (which generally takes a feather and AS-D2 or a wolfram head and even then took me multiple shaves to be able to learn).

I think next round I'm gonna jump to 2-4 plate...

I like aggressive razors, R41 and Fatip are daily drivers. I just tried the 5/6 plate from Handlebarsupply with my 41 cap.
The plate isn't going to win any beauty contest. It is chunky and the finish is adequate. Kind of like the fat chick and moped. They may be fun to ride but you don't want your friends to see you on one.
I used the 6 side and an Astra SP and on the first stroke the Angels started singing. Almost as loud as the razor. It is very easy to find the right angle and with the gap it just plowed through the hair. You really know where the blade is but it is still very smooth. I think my new set up may be the one.
Just a cautionary note there is not a lot of thread engagement so when loosening the head to rinse don't spin it.
Gareth is selling the plates separately for $15. Get one while you can.

It would be nice if Gareth would sell replacement top caps for the defective one's sold with his razors. Gareth if you are here reading this when and how can I get a replacement top cap for the defective one I have? I did not buy this as a prototype, this was bought from one of your distributors here in California USA.

+1. I got one from kickstarter. I got the replacement parts. nothing was quality. sold it and have no interest to ever try again.

It would be nice if Gareth would sell replacement top caps for the defective one's sold with his razors. Gareth if you are here reading this when and how can I get a replacement top cap for the defective one I have? I did not buy this as a prototype, this was bought from one of your distributors here in California USA.

Hi Gary,
Just to clarify (if there was any confusion), Rockwell Razors Gareth and The HandleBar Supply Gareth (that's me!) are two different people. Jim above bought the 5/6 plate from myself, not from RR Gareth.
Rockwell Gareth does not have a B&B account and likely won't see your post. I am in contact with him quite frequently and if you'd like, I can reach out to him for you. The current "replacement" top caps are also hit/miss, but he has promised that all kickstarter backers will receive the new MIM top cap they are working on which should be available in the fall. I know you weren't a backer, and I'm not sure if that deal extends to retail buyers but it very well might.
It sounds like you bought from Old Town Shaving, which I think is the only other retailer of RR in SoCal other than myself. I would contact Damon too and see if he has a solution.

I guess my mileage varies. The Rockwell did not impress me at all. If I never use it again, it will be too soon.
Have you tried it with a different top cap?

This is what I got from them today in regards to the top cap. I believe they are going to be replace for everyone that has purchased a set.

Hector,

We're keeping track of everyone and we'll follow up with all our early adopters (in direct emails, not just through the Kickstarter page) when the parts become available.

Thanks again,
Morgan Nordstrom

I use mine almost daily with an original v1 Maggard's topcap with a 3 or 4 plate (new or polished replacement plates, depending on mood) and it shaves great! Excited the MIM topcap coming in fall too. Just my 3 cents.

Has anyone tried the Rockwell plates with a Fatip Grande top cap? I was just wondering if it would fit. If someone could let me know, that would be great.

Thanks!

-- Sammy

Top Bottom