What's new

Rockwell 6S Questions

You could always buy the T2 just to try it out. Return the one you like less. I believe Rockwell has a 60 day money back guarantee but it may only apply if you purchase directly through them.
I bought the stainless T2 bundle yesterday on Cyber Monday as I wasn't sure if their sale would continue into this Cyber Week (or Cyber Next Week..). Either way the bundle was a good deal and the extra 15% discount code roughly covered the international shipping cost. Returning long distance isn't really an option it's easier to resell locally. I will probably resell a few bits from the bundles that I don't want like the blade bank tins, preshave oils and brushes as I prefer the stuff I already have in those categories.
The 6S is a real joy to use (although with Rockwell fat base plates under the nose is anoying) and I should have bought it a long time ago after getting on well with the chrome version. I already know their own brand stainless steel blades are fine and I've been using R3 for a nice mild shave. I'll try their barbershop shave cream tomorrow.

I bought the stainless T2 bundle yesterday on Cyber Monday as I wasn't sure if their sale would continue into this Cyber Week (or Cyber Next Week..). Either way the bundle was a good deal and the extra 15% discount code roughly covered the international shipping cost. Returning long distance isn't really an option it's easier to resell locally. I will probably resell a few bits from the bundles that I don't want like the blade bank tins, preshave oils and brushes as I prefer the stuff I already have in those categories.
The 6S is a real joy to use (although with Rockwell fat base plates under the nose is anoying) and I should have bought it a long time ago after getting on well with the chrome version. I already know their own brand stainless steel blades are fine and I've been using R3 for a nice mild shave. I'll try their barbershop shave cream tomorrow.
Please let us know how you like the T2 SS compared to the 6S once you’ve tried it.

What’s the 15% discount code? I’m considering buying a razor for a gift.

Please let us know how you like the T2 SS compared to the 6S once you’ve tried it.

What’s the 15% discount code? I’m considering buying a razor for a gift.
Sure will do - the code I used at checkout is BARBA15. It might be someone's affiliate code but I just found it somewhere on the Internet earlier this year and have used it three times now including on these two Black Friday / Cyber orders.
Where I am it's the morning now so I just tried their barbershop cream and it was pretty average so will probably resell the one that comes with the T2 bundle.

I also ordered a t2 stainless steel in cyber week from Rasoigoodfellas.eu with 35% off. Can't wait to compare it with the 6s.
It will be interesting to see if we come to the same conclusions on the T2 given we both like R3 on the 6S.
I have so far found the R3 on the 6S to be around the same as R3 on the chrome versions - pretty mild and almost impossible to cut myself. I had seen messages saying the 6S was more/less agressive than the chrome due to the weight, smoothness, etc differences but to me it seems about the same. I did sometimes use R4 on the chrome and will probably do that on the 6S. I don't see me using the R5/6 plate as mild gives a better overall appearance afterwards even if it's not as close.

Considering a 6S, have a few questions:
1. How do you use yours -- do you step down to lower plate(s) as you do 2nd and maybe third pass?
I have tried changing plates between passes, it seemed like more trouble than it was worth. I usually just stick with one.
2. Did you NOT like the 6S (seems everyone loves it, curious why for anyone who didn't)
I like mine well enough.

What I don't like about it is the blade alignment can be fiddly, and I've developed a preference for razors with a bit of blade exposure.

I DO LIKE the weight and feel of it. I appreciate the way the blade is curved, and how you can shave shallow or steep. I get a comfortable shave even with the 6 plate.

3. Did you polish yours and what did you use to polish it (I dislike that matte finish but could probably live with it)
Personally I like the matte finish, so I have no reason to polish mine.

It will be interesting to see if we come to the same conclusions on the T2 given we both like R3 on the 6S.
I have so far found the R3 on the 6S to be around the same as R3 on the chrome versions - pretty mild and almost impossible to cut myself. I had seen messages saying the 6S was more/less agressive than the chrome due to the weight, smoothness, etc differences but to me it seems about the same. I did sometimes use R4 on the chrome and will probably do that on the 6S. I don't see me using the R5/6 plate as mild gives a better overall appearance afterwards even if it's not as close.
I am already curious too. I compared the 6s @3 to the 2c @3 and I very much preferred the 6s as the c felt about one plate more aggressive.
I didn't yet try any Model t,but I read that the stainless steel version should be the mildest one.

Considering a 6S, have a few questions:
1. How do you use yours -- do you step down to lower plate(s) as you do 2nd and maybe third pass?
2. Did you NOT like the 6S (seems everyone loves it, curious why for anyone who didn't)
3. Did you polish yours and what did you use to polish it (I dislike that matte finish but could probably live with it)
1) I use plates 2, 3 and 4 mostly and do not need to change plates. If I go 3 or more days I will use plates 5 or 6, and may change to plate 2 or 3 for the final pass. Once in a while I may use plate 4 and flip to plate 2 for the final pass if my skin is sensitive that day. Takes about 15 seconds to flip a plate and can literally do it blindfolded.

2) I love mine. Had the 6C since August and just upgraded to the 6S. No longer own or desire any other razors

3) No plans to polish. Before, purchasing I did love the look of my 6C in white chrome, but was never excited about the look of the 6S. However, when I opened the box it looked a lot better than I expected, and after a few days of looking at it, it grew on me. So now I like the look

Top Bottom