What's new

RK Chromium

@APBinNCA

Thanks for the update. Did you check HC&C website? He was the main guy selling them here in the US, I guess.

Funny you mentioned Tatra. Probably my second worst blade of all time. I actually had better luck with the blades that came from the Dollar Tree with that cheap razor.

RK Chromium, the final report

I like these blades, the end! YMMVAAT

Just kidding, I finished my fourth shave this morning and have finally decided to bin the blade. They have a very predictable, mild sharpness increase after the first pass on just one edge. If you were to use both, the first shave might feel too tuggy. They maintain a nice sharpness, increasing a little more, through the second half of the shave and on the first half of the next shave. Then on the second half they slow down, slowly, but still clear the stubble. So if you were to use these with both edges at once, you would have two good middle shaves and the whole last shave would be tuggy, but functional. I could go on, but why? It's right on the edge and I know it's going to be a struggle fest tomorrow morning if I do. They are cheap, move along.

I do like these blades and find them to pretty smooth, but they are average middle tier blades. I have several hundred Gillette Wilkinson Sword blades that cost me a buck more per 100, are just as smooth and are a step sharper according to my scale. That's without getting into more premium tier blades or vintage. These are more than fine, but apparently you aren't going to randomly get a pack with a razor or something and that is a shame. These are much better than what comes from manufacturers apparently trying to make their own product look bad with sub-par blades. One warning though, the blade tabs on mine are not cut straight and twice I was certain I had finally removed my earlobe. I didn't, but it sticks out there and is unpredictable whether you are going to clear or snag.

I understand from some reviews that the Stainless blades are not very good, to put it generously! Therefor I am going to try one tomorrow, hopefully I can get through two shaves. I am not sure where I am going to post, but it won't be here.

RK Chromium are Indian barbershop quality blades. These are some of the cheapest blades available in India. Typically, they will give you one really good shave, and work best with razors which have a positive exposure. In India they usually are available at pretty much 60 cents for a saloon pack of 50.

I am an alternate day shaver, and they are good for only one shave, and I do 3 passes. YMMV

Top Bottom