What's new

Rising Prices?

I recently got to try out the Bic Chrome Platinum blades thanks to the Great Blade Exchange (thanks to B&B!). I found that it gave me a great shave, especially compared against some of the other blades I have tried. (I realize blades in different hands/razors/techniques perform differently - glad there is a variety out there for all of us to enjoy!)

I've been watching for a 100 pack of these ever since that experience, and I've noticed increased prices (about 15-20 percent on 'zon) in the past couple of months on these blades from Greece. Has anyone else noticed this change? (And, does anyone have knowledge of a reason?)

Thanks!
Frank

I've noticed that prices ebb and flow. If you watch some of the shave oriented online retailers, they have sales regularly and you can find a good price on some nice blades. The 'zon is generally "full retail price". The 'bay is hit or miss.

A few years back I tried a 5pack from a store and those were fine. Got 100 for "cheap" from an auction site and those were awful. I even tried one from several packs and all were horrible.... . I have bought a few single 5 packs from a reputable store after that....yes they are more expensive but the cheap ones were a total waste....

Prices have gone up a bit since I returned to DE shaving around four years ago. Some exceptions, such as Dorco ST300s for under $6 per 100 pack that were my last purchase a few months ago.

One does need to be careful because some of the low priced blades can be old inventory that may not be as good as current production. Sense that there are years supply of some blades floating around out there based on what is shown as for sale.

Top Bottom