What's new

Rex Any Day (RAD)

20230614_092611.jpg

Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker

Likes a fat handle in his hand
We have more Rex owners here. Let’s get this puppy going.

Todays shave:
Rex Envoy
Nacet blades
Rex 1955 soap and aftershave
PAA 26mm Atomic Brush.
No weepers or nicks

9.4/10

View attachment 1727217

Very nice dude! May you have wonderful shaves with the Rex Enjoy, and hopeful that it doesn't turn into the T-Rex the Ambassador to chew your face off. I am eager to see where things go with this one. Thats a stainless razor last I checked, much like my Rex Ambassador. You should find your's to be an medium aggression, so don't be sticking no Feather blades in there. I am glad you got those Nacet's, they should work well in your razor. Lovely purchase, and good luck!

Today was a Rex Ambassador shave day.

5th use Astra SP, Gentleman's Apothecary eucalyptus shaving cream, 26mm AP Shaves synthetic brush, pre-shave soap, cold water shave.

Decent shave on setting 3, dropping down to a 2.5 for the XTG pass. Actually felt harsher on the second pass, and I got a couple of nicks, which was more down to the blade than the razor. But efficiency was good, and the shave largely smooth. The Ambassador is nicely balanced, although I really don't like the two piece design, and find getting the blade loaded a bit of a chore. TTOs and 3 pieces are much better in this regard.

Still, the Ambassador is a very nice razor.

Afternoon, the Sunday shave:

Razor: Rex Ambassador
Blade: Gillette 7 o'clock Green
Pre: Hot water
Soap: Razorock WTP Lime
Brush: Omega Boar Pro
Aftershave: Skin Bracer

Been dealing with some eczema, needed an easy peasy shave. Got an excellent 3 pass in with no drama, but dialed it way down for the against the growth run.

9.5/10

Cheers

I don't shave as often as I used to, but my "old faithful" combo is a Feather loaded into my Konsul set on 2-3. I've used a slant or a Fat Boy set on 10 for years, but the Konsul knocks the experience out of the park.
I'm very impressed with the Konsul to say the least!

Top Bottom