What's new

Rex Any Day (RAD)

20230517_080108.jpg

A nice morning shave with the Rex Ambassador. Drop a blade in, mark your gap number and just let it do the rest aided with some excellent soap. WTG, XTG & ATG passes are of little consequence with the Ambassador. Excellent balance, grip is nearly unmatched with the superb knurling it possesses and shave cutting ability is top notch. Ease of maintenance is what one would expect from a razor, nearly flawless as all one requires is a quick rinse and dry. And it’s as simple as that. Doesn’t get easier than that.

If one were to look through some of the many threads here and across many other forums & shave media sites, one could say that the Rex Ambassador almost plays as a third wheel to many of the considered higher end luxury razors that it competes with. The Rocnel Sailor with its impressive performance, build quality and looks can certainly be called KOTH in the adjustable arena as can also be said for the HomelikeShaving Taiga that sports arguably the widest range of adjustment that is still useable even in an overclocked or past its intended state of adjustment. The Muramasa by Tatara has brought an ingenious design in its form and function that is very impressive in its own right coupled with excellent workmanship & quality.

We can obviously rank razors according to their design implementation and on how successful that design is in use within the shaving community. And all 4 razors mentioned here can provide pure and unadulterated shave excellence for nearly every shave aficionado in the business. Where I give the Rex Ambassador its due is that it shaves equally as good as the aforementioned trio with build quality that is absolutely on par with the others. One/I can also argue from a pure simplicity aspect, it just might be the easiest and most maintenance free adjustable razor ever produced since the Gillette adjustables that ran their course from the late 50’s to the early 80’s. Those Gillette adjustables are much more complex in design compared to the Rex but, their simplicity in use was and is quite frankly superb. The Rex for me is right there with those Gillette’s only lacking in time of existence and historical track record. I consider it to be every bit as good as the Gillette’s and I can make the argument based on personal use that the Rex is the better razor. Just an opinion based on my own experience. Not trying to ruffle any feathers or engage in a debate on what’s best as there are plenty of other threads for that.

My point is that the Rex Ambassador is as good as anything that has come before it, is as equally as good if not better with the razors it competes with today and I can honestly say it will prove to be great in the years & decades to come. Just my thoughts which really doesn’t amount to much more than a hill of beans.

Nevertheless, I enjoy the heck out of this razor.

7E56AB09-6A90-44CF-B39E-76738CF21D62.jpeg

My point is that the Rex Ambassador is as good as anything that has come before it, is as equally as good if not better with the razors it competes with today and I can honestly say it will prove to be great in the years & decades to come.
I couldn't agree more. It's a stellar tool with excellent performance on all settings... other adjustable razors might get more limelight, but this razor never failed and provided reliably fine shaves.

Every. Single. Time.

20230711_105829.jpeg

Just another awesome shave today...

I have to echo the sentiments above and agree @GlazedBoker, @JAHE and @Whiterook, the Rex Ambassador is super shaver. I wrote on my High Efficiency, SOTD and Rate your shave write up that it took me some time to dial in to the razor even though it was my 1st major purchase razor. I bought it 1 month into wetshaving, now its 1 year at the end of month, it was the razor I learned to shave with but still took me some time but once dialed in, it really is a super razor! I have the vintage adjustable Gillette's, all revamped, replated from the 50s to 80s, which I truly enjoy shaving with as well so yes I totally get it with this razor. I have the Konsul as well and I think that will be up soon for a shave as well.

20230711_203612.jpg

Morning!

The Sunday shave:

Razor: Rex Ambassador
Blade: Gillette 7 o'clock Green (1)
Soap: Razorock What the Puck Blue
Brush: Omega Pro Boar
Aftershave: Aqua Velva Sport Original

Put together a cup of coffee, watched the F1 Hungary race and decided to have a shave. Can't imagine a must better way to start a Sunday. Setting 1.5 for all 3 passes, the blade and soap performed perfectly again this morning. Perfect BBS, and nearly zero feedback on the alum. 10/10.

Cheers

Razor: Rex Konsul (settings 6.5, 5.5, 4)
Blade: Wizamat Super Iridium
Brush: B and B Contributors Brush 2023
Preshave: PAA The Cube
Soap: Areffa Discoverer
Aftershave: Areffa Discoverer Aftershave Splash, Neutrogena Hydro Boost Gel Cream Extra Dry (on neck area, more prone to irritation and 10 minutes after using splash on face), works very nicely

Thoroughly great shave, first time using the Wizamat, worked really well with this razor and a sharp, smooth blade, terrific results!

20230723_175339.jpg

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Shave 20230803
Rex Any Day
20230801_120633~2.jpg

Steep Angle Shaving Alliance (SASA)
Razor: Rex Envoy
Blade: Eddison Israeli Stainless (4)
Brush: AP Shave Co Purple Haze, Mühle 25mm STF
Lather: ARKO! Stick
Aftershave: Clubman Pinaud Lilac Vegetal
Fragrance: Belcam Volatile EdT Spray

Same kit as yesterday. Same outstanding results! :thumbup:

Superb shave! :cool:

For shave notes & musings, please visit my Journal: never-stop-learning's Quest for Knowledge - https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/threads/never-stop-learnings-quest-for-knowledge.611194/post-12344275

Top Bottom