What's new

Rex Any Day (RAD)

My Rex Ambassador has sat on the sidelines too long, as my Timeless Ti .95 saw all the action. So, I’m starting Ambassador Any Day, so as not to interfere with Timeless Tuesday, Wolfman Wednesday or Blackland Thursday (and showing due respect to the gods of alliteration). But not to worry. Envoy and Konsul shavers are welcome too!
983BE404-3E06-40AD-ACDA-9D97323727C0.jpeg

That is quite the line up of razors. However, I could use just the Rex Ambassador every day if it were my only razor. Mine was a generous gift and a delight to use. I do like some other razors for the variety, but it is certainly a very nice razor.

That is quite the line up of razors. However, I could use just the Rex Ambassador every day if it were my only razor. Mine was a generous gift and a delight to use. I do like some other razors for the variety, but it is certainly a very nice razor.
I don’t have a Blackland razor (yet) but wanted to respect Blackland Thursday nonetheless. I agree wholeheartedly regarding the Ambassador. It’s a remarkable razor.

That’s also quite a gift!

That’s also quite a gift!
I agree. And not a day goes by that I do not realize this fact. I am amazed by such generosity, which has been heaped on me even further. All of the razors I now use are from this same individual. I treasure the friendship I have with the one who gave it. In fact, I would gladly send it back before I would lose the friendship. However, I think it would insult him if I did so, and I do enjoy using it. I also find it has allowed me to share other razors with folks on the forum, so his generosity has helped many others, or at least I hope so.

I agree. And not a day goes by that I do not realize this fact. I am amazed by such generosity, which has been heaped on me even further. All of the razors I now use are from this same individual. I treasure the friendship I have with the one who gave it. In fact, I would gladly send it back before I would lose the friendship. However, I think it would insult him if I did so, and I do enjoy using it. I also find it has allowed me to share other razors with folks on the forum, so his generosity has helped many others, or at least I hope so.
That’s a beautiful thing my friend. Shave on and I salute your generous friend as well.

This is my favorite razor and my daily driver currently, but honestly I have mixed feelings about it overall. I find it to be a fantastic, effortless razor that delivers an easy BBS when used at a 3.5 or below. Above that setting, I find that it has diminishing returns in terms of aggressiveness vs efficiency. That is, below 3.5 or so, I find the efficiency to be far above what you would expect from this razor considering the smoothness, but above that I find that the aggressiveness increases quite a bit while the efficiency remains constant or maybe even gets worse (not as a result of the blade angle changing in some way or whatever, but more because the aggressiveness increases so dramatically so quickly and you have to be MUCH more careful as a result).

My background is that I prefer aggressive razors, with the R41 being my all-time favorite razor. I'm no stranger to a little aggressiveness, but not at the expense of efficiency.

Last edited:
This is my favorite razor and my daily driver currently, but honestly I have mixed feelings about it overall. I find it to be a fantastic, effortless razor that delivers an easy BBS when used at a 3.5 or below. Above that setting, I find that it has diminishing returns in terms of aggressiveness vs efficiency. That is, below 3.5 or so, I find the efficiency to be far above what you would expect from this razor considering the smoothness, but above that I find that the aggressiveness increases quite a bit while the efficiency remains constant or maybe even gets worse (not as a result of the blade angle changing in some way or whatever, but more because the aggressiveness increases so dramatically so quickly and you have to be MUCH more careful as a result).

My background is that I prefer aggressive razors, with the R41 being my all-time favorite razor. I'm no stranger to a little aggressiveness, but not at the expense of efficiency.
Interesting. Do you by chance have one of the razors from the N series? I believe that’s the batch of ultra-aggressive Ambassadors. Mine is.a P-3 and I can shave with settings 5 or 6 but usually use setting 4.

@HabanaRon
What about renaming the thread, since you didn't dedicate the thread to the Ambassador exclusively... say "Rex Any Day (RAD)" ?

Happ shaves!

(PS your naming is fine... Just a spontaneous thought)

Last edited:
Top Bottom