What's new

Revisor Razors Experience

That's the only thing I have to say against my Revisor; the very beautiful gold inlays and etching soon, too soon began to fade. It shouldn't be a big deal, it's still a very good razor. Then again to me it unfortunately does matter. I guess that makes me a bit shallow. It doesn't get its fair share of my shaves.

Mine get used when it comes up in rotation, not as pretty as some I have but still it's a dandy shaver.
IMG_6367.jpg

FullSizeRender.jpg
Hi Velvet,

I inspected the factory edge with a loop and knew it wasn't something I would shave off. As I hone without tape and didn't know how they set the bevel, I reset it and did my own honing. I would suggest sending the razor out to have it professionally honed if you don't feel comfortable with your honing skills.

I cant speak for the quality of the pins. I have my razor work done by B&B member Doc226 aka Alfredo. I can say my razor arrived with the blade tight and centering. As I mentioned before the blade seats by the scales squeezing the side of the razors tang just before the pivot area. Closing the razor is different than any other razor I own...it closes like any normal razor to a point, then you press a little more, the scales flex out around the tang then the blade finishes seating and is snugly held in place. I had to ask Alfredo if this was normal and he said you find that on blades without a tapered tang. In the pictures I attach you will see the toe of the razor isn't near the toe of the scales, that because its being held in place by the tang area.

I hope that helps.

Brian,

I just read this and my newest Koraat closes like this, well sort of, upon getting my custom Koraat I was concerned that when closing it stopped on the shoulder and not on the spine as all the rest of the razors I have do, Ulrik with Koraat advised he was doing this now to keep any part of the blade from hitting the scales as it's possible it can create staining in the hollow of the blade and along the top of the spine, he said if I wanted it to close classicly he would thin the tang and have the blade set lower like traditional razors but after a week of using it I decided to leave it as I like the fact that he used some forward thinking in design in protecting the beauty of the blade but after seeing yours it appears it should have been addressed as the toe sticks up further than mine when closed.

Last edited:
I have a vintage Revisor 6/8 and it is a no frills good razor. Without question IMO the Aust are the way to go. Excellent quality and workmanship.

Not all Aust's are good..I have posted many times about my 6/8 stainless with bone scales which has a warped blade and an an uneven shorkopf, has taken a lot of work to shave!! not what I would expect for almost 200 euros.

I have two Revisor 6/8 French point. I could shave with them on arrival, but it was not what I considered shave ready. So with both of the it was out to the coticules, strops then shave. Fine shavers after the touchups. I would buy another Revisor if I wanted another new razor.

I'm wondering where my recently purchased Aust is???
No response to e mails. Perhaps they're
"On holiday" ????

Hey guys I'm new to BB although not new to straight razor shaving or honing it's been aboit 7 or 8 yrs now, but let me get to revisor. Thry all look like great razors but this company sucks now, I have put in an order form for 2 razors about a year and they never gor back to me, I just put another order form in and again it has been 2 weeks and they haven't got back to me that goes to show you on how much they care now. So I just put in an order for Ralf Aust.

Top Bottom